Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Devin Brown awoke Saturday morning and immediately realized something was missing. He stretched his legs. No pain. He stood up straight. Still nothing. For the first time in almost two weeks, Brown felt normal. The pain in his lower back, a constant companion every time he left the comfort of his bed or recliner, was gone. "I can't tell you how huge it is," Brown said, "I'm actually standing up straight and walking."
Read More: Pain-free Brown closer to his return

I had no idea that it was so serious that he couldn't walk correctly. Devin Brown had really begun to step it up for us during this recent stretch and it was a big loss for him to go down now. I was glad to read this article because of the status update on Devin Brown. It also says that he expects to be back April 12 which is supposedly the day Tim Duncan will be back. This means that they will be back to play Portland, Utah, Memphis twice, and Minnesota. We don't need them desperately for those games but it will be nice to have them in uniform. I am hoping that this won't affect Brent Barry's great play as of late. :biggrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm glad they're getting healthy again and may be ready to play next week. I know we shouldn't put Brown in to play a lot of minutes but the way that Manu's looked we should play Brown and Barry the most minutes and let Manu play limited minutes and rest up for the playoffs when we'll need him at his best.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I read this article this morning and breathed a huge sigh of relief...It is just so sad the way this happened because he had everything going right for him and then this happened...good to see him getting better...

TMTTRIO makes a great point...With 2 of our 3 Shooting Guards having injuries, Brent Barry should get a lot of time in the coming days and weeks and the past couple of weeks have shown us that he CAN handle that role...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I never realized just how important Devin is to us until now.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
This is great news! He had stepped us for us big time when the injury bug was really at its worst, and he will be a big time player off the bench come playoff time. He has a good shot, and he isn't afraid of the pressure. He does all the things we need him to do, and to hear he will be available for the playoffs is a relief. This puts less pressure on Barry, and gives us more depth.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
great news cant be happyer unless it was also duncan 2. but im a big fan of brown i hope he stays with the spurs 4 awhile

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
By signing GRob, did it signify that the Spurs are still not entirely confident that DB will be back and healthy for the playoffs, or do you think the two were completely unrelated moves? I, for one, am not sure. However, if both those guys are healthy, and playing well, we are going to be stacked at G/F with Manu, Bowen, Brown, Barry and Robinson.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
texan said:
By signing GRob, did it signify that the Spurs are still not entirely confident that DB will be back and healthy for the playoffs, or do you think the two were completely unrelated moves? I, for one, am not sure. However, if both those guys are healthy, and playing well, we are going to be stacked at G/F with Manu, Bowen, Brown, Barry and Robinson.

Great question. Knowing how secretive the Spurs are with stuff (For example, the Glenn Robinson signing) who know if they are banking on D-Brown playing for for the first round of the playoffs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts