Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
“My boy Melo’s got a good heart, but he just don’t got the spatial ability to find his way through the curvy alleyways of Paris.”

LOL! :laugh:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
That's absolutely hilarious. Most amateur parodies are tedious, but this one was a great work of absurdist humour.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the article:

"The three seemed to hit it off instantly; perhaps the common struggle of “coming of age” united them. "

I loved that part -- lebron and carmelo with a 3 year old kid -- and the image to go with it

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
HAHAHHAHA check out the darius miles articles about him joining the *edited: Insulting nicknames for players/teams not encouraged* in that same site.

BTW, are the quotes real??? i once did something like this, took real quotes from bballboards.net members and turned it into a fake fiasca story. ke ke ke

(insert evil laugh here)

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
This is nothing short of pure genious!!!

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
That's so cool! :laugh:

Thanks for the link. :yes:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
HEY!!! which mod edited my post, since they didnt leave their name i cant pm them!!!

since when is "jailblazers" insulting to the trailblazers, for god sakes its said in that article. Everyone uses that term, even nba.com, when reffering to portlands troubled history with their players and the law.

power hungry i tell ya :rolleyes:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shazha</b>!
HEY!!! which mod edited my post, since they didnt leave their name i cant pm them!!!
Maybe you should note the:

Last edited by Minstrel on 02-04-2004 at 10:50 PM

at the bottom.

since when is "jailblazers" insulting to the trailblazers, for god sakes its said in that article.
You're kidding. A humour article used it? Well, that's clear proof that it's not insulting, since no humour site would dare use a term that could be considered derogatory. :rolleyes:

I also edit "Fakers," "Queens," etc. Nothing contructive arises out of such insults.

PM me, if you want to discuss this further.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!

Maybe you should note the:

Last edited by Minstrel on 02-04-2004 at 10:50 PM

at the bottom.

You're kidding. A humour article used it? Well, that's clear proof that it's not insulting, since no humour site would dare use a term that could be considered derogatory. :rolleyes:

I also edit "Fakers," "Queens," etc. Nothing contructive arises out of such insults.

PM me, if you want to discuss this further.
minstrel it wasnt just that article ive read using it. NBA.com even uses that term, and quotes shaqs comments on the sac queens. Thats an official site, if its good enough to write on there why then isnt it over here. It wasnt a personal attack on a member, hell i dont even think blazers fans would take offense to it. Ive often heard them reffer to the team using that name.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts

minstrel it wasnt just that article ive read using it. NBA.com even uses that term, and quotes shaqs comments on the sac queens.
NBA.com uses that term when quoting others. It doesn't take it upon itself to call teams "Fakers," or "Jailblazers."

It wasnt a personal attack on a member
I didn't say it was. But derogatory nicknames for teams and players are not encouraged in the terms for this site, under harrassment.

hell i dont even think blazers fans would take offense to it. Ive often heard them reffer to the team using that name.
It's been my experience that on the Portland board that members get tired of hearing their team referred to as such, especially since it's untrue...Portland hasn't had higher legal trouble than other teams over the last few years.

If you want, you can PM me to continue this discussion. If you disagree with my moderation and don't want to take it up with me, you can PM a Community Moderator or Admin. But I won't continue discussing it on this thread.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
nah its all good minstrel, was something only minor anyway. just wanted to hear ur explaination for the editing. thanks for clearing things up.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
nah its all good minstrel, was something only minor anyway. just wanted to hear ur explaination for the editing. thanks for clearing things up.
Okay, glad we could hash it out, then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts