Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Carter was traded to the Nets, I asked Schub if we had the chance would he trade him for Peja. He answered yes, and I agreed, I would too.

Myself, I changed my mind. I won't trade either Carter or Kidd. If I were forced to, I would most likely trade Kidd, simply as he requested to be traded, and should for what he had done for this team.

From my other thread, if we should build the team around a half court offense, or fast break offense, and Cpawfan's thread about Kidd's ideal team... the team of a shooter comes up.

Would you part with Carter for either?

Realistically, perhaps the Sonics would bite, Carter has a shorter contract than what Allen could command.

I won't trade him, as he just brings excitement to the team. As I said in the other post, I' like to see us win, but it's exciting teams and play that has my personal attention.

-Petey

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
keep carter

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I might do it for Allen. Ray's a great decision maker, an otherworldly shooter, and would fit in w/ Kidd and the Nets perfectly, IMO. Earlier (on nj.com) I said I would do Ray for VC in a heartbeat. Now I am not so sure.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SeaNet said:
I might do it for Allen. Ray's a great decision maker, an otherworldly shooter, and would fit in w/ Kidd and the Nets perfectly, IMO. Earlier (on nj.com) I said I would do Ray for VC in a heartbeat. Now I am not so sure.
Same with me and Peja. Would had done to before, not now.

He's just make Nets basketball exciting again.

-Petey

·
Registered
428 Posts
Petey said:
When Carter was traded to the Nets, I asked Schub if we had the chance would he trade him for Peja. He answered yes, and I agreed, I would too.

Myself, I changed my mind. I won't trade either Carter or Kidd. If I were forced to, I would most likely trade Kidd, simply as he requested to be traded, and should for what he had done for this team.

From my other thread, if we should build the team around a half court offense, or fast break offense, and Cpawfan's thread about Kidd's ideal team... the team of a shooter comes up.

Would you part with Carter for either?

Realistically, perhaps the Sonics would bite, Carter has a shorter contract than what Allen could command.

I won't trade him, as he just brings excitement to the team. As I said in the other post, I' like to see us win, but it's exciting teams and play that has my personal attention.

-Petey

No and no. And at the time we got Carter, I would have answered Yes and Yes.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Bleh. I won't trade Carter for either Peja or Allen.

I will only trade Carter or RJ for a significant PF (read: dominant).
Also, if I'm going to get Allen, the only sensible thing is to give up Kidd. But of course, I still won't do that.

Regarding Peja, he won't be traded, period. The Kings already made a decision to keep him instead of CWebb (a la Shaq-Kobe). It would take a lot to get Peja out of Sac. On the upside, he fits the Nets system, but that means he'll take up the 3 position and will displaced RJ. It won't accomplish our need for the 4.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are the shooters going to come from? Our PF FA or draftee?

-Petey

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Ray Allen is something to think about, but in the end I'd say no.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
Where are the shooters going to come from? Our PF FA or draftee?
-Petey
If freed, JK, VC, and even RJ are decent outside shooters. Thus a respectable PF with jump shooting ability and demands a double team is really important. If the Nets can acquire one this summer, the floor will be wide open for the big 3 to penetrate ... or launch a trifeca if defense clogged the lanes.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
I dont see any reason why trade any of the New Jersey great Trio !!!

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
I'll be very surprised if Ray Ray is not a Sonic next season. I think that he and Sonics will meet somewhere in the middle and sign him to a deal that may be Ray's last big contract.

G-Force

·
Registered
609 Posts
definetly a consideration. Although Carter has done some great stuff here. I think the main thing he brings to the table is a go to scorer. Besides that he takes away from the fast break, his defense is average, his passing above avg., turnovers somewhat high.

Carter also makes the offense stand around. Not carter's fault, but something that occurs because of his presense.

I think Peja & Ray would spread the floor better, and play into the nets motion offense better. They would not be the go to scorer like carter, but can fill the role somewhat decently.

Nonetheless, i would want to analyze some game tape of Peja's and Tay's defense and what they do on a fast break. If either show above defense than carter, and will run on the break consistantly, then yes, i would trade for carter for either of them.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
SKiP said:
Vince Carter doesn't want to play in Sacramento or Seattle.
he wants to play in jersey...or brooklyn

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
he wants to play in jersey...or brooklyn
He wants to play where JK and RJ plays.
When he got the news that he got traded to the Nets, and JK and RJ is still on the team, his smile literally reached his ears. He knows the potential this brings.

He even mentioned in an interview a long long time ago, that he's jealous of what the Nets are doing ... specifically Kidd's assists and lobs to Kenyon, RJ, and Kittles. He wants to be the receiver of such.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
faNETicS said:
He wants to play where JK and RJ plays.
When he got the news that he got traded to the Nets, and JK and RJ is still on the team, his smile literally reached his ears. He knows the potential this brings.

He even mentioned in an interview a long long time ago, that he's jealous of what the Nets are doing ... specifically Kidd's assists and lobs to Kenyon, RJ, and Kittles. He wants to be the receiver of such.
That he did, we have a thread about that here somewhere.

-Petey

1 - 19 of 19 Posts