Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like as good a time as any as to see the thoughts you guys have on either one of these hall of fame coaches to come to Philadelphia and fix this mess.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Call me crazy, but my vote is for Kenny Smith. You don't necessarily need a veteran coach to win, you need a guy who people will listen to, and a guy who knows the game. Kenny really knows the game, and it's obvious he's eventually going to make the jump to the bench.

What need more than a coach, is better management. We put Billy King at the head of the organization, when he clearly wasn't the right fit. Let's get the Sixers out of the grip of Larry Brown, once and for all and find someone who knows the game, has a plan for the future, to run the franchise.

I'm tired of sacrificing tomorrow for a bandaid that might not even work today.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Kenny Smith is brilliant... unfortunately for Philadelphia he's smart enough to know that he won't be able to make much of an impact with a franchise in shambles. Rebuildiing isn't an option for Philadelphia, but if they can get a defensive minded coach then they have a chance of making the ECF again.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Bruno</b>!
if are any of those 3 it would very good but... and why you dont put in this list my name ??
lol Bruno you think you could be the coach?? Anything is better than Ayers

·
Registered
20 Posts
what about slatislav pesic? Ever heard of him?
He is a great and respected coach in europe (currently coaching Euroleague champ FC Barcelona)
He'd bringt great intensity & heart to the court which is something the sixers need cause to me most of them seem to be asleep during the game

·
Registered
527 Posts
yeah , i hear its good but this coach at this moment he will not be a nba coach you know why ?? tell me one guy that coach in spain and then coach one nba team and hes not american ?? very fews .

·
Registered
414 Posts
Doc Rvers would be my choice. Orlando started horribly and he got fired, but he can coach and he can rebuild a team. He is young and has energy and player respect.

I thik the 76ers will improve under Ford, which could be unfortuante.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts