Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patrick Ewing Jr. to leave Indiana

Patrick Ewing Jr., the flamboyant 6-foot-8 sophomore reserve forward for Indiana University, is expected to leave the basketball team within the next 48 hours, The Journal Gazette has learned.

Ewing, one of four players to have played in all 29 Indiana games this season, averaged 16 minutes, 4.0 points and 3.8 rebounds a game for the 15-14 Hoosiers.

Although Ewing could not be reached for comment, speculation is that his playing time would have diminished considerably next season when Marco Killingsworth, a strong 6-7, 265-pound power forward who transferred from Auburn University and sat out this past season, will be eligible to play.

[More in URL]

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard transfering.. His choices are between any schools in Maryland or Georgia.. That's what I've heard anyways..

Probably Georgia Tech or Maryland would be the common guess :laugh:

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I've heard rumors about Ewing staying in the midwest. I think he is just looking for major minutes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think it is definitely for playing time.

I saw an interview with Pat Ewing, Sr. on Best Damn Sports Show (if memory serves), and he told Tom Arnold he and Pat, Jr. were hoping he could get more playing time. And I think, seeing as Ewing, Jr. won't even be the 6th man next year, he wanted to go somewhere else.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I hope Ewing Jr. comes to Wisconsin and develops himself into a player. The guy's got some major athleticism and we need some big guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts