Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing him on the post game show...close to tears saying we messed up by trading sheed before break! he also said the f word while speaking his mind and saying the jazz arent good and the nuggets will really beat us!

rubens next!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The team loved Rasheed , they actually knew who he was not what the media thinks he is. The team is very shaken and upset w/ the blazers managment. I mean how do we know if Nash is telling the truth about sheed not re-signing i mean could be a ploy to ship him out. Any ways what is done is done but We willl see what happens when the new guys play. I dont agree with ruben saying Nuggets will beat us.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
mixum there is nothing definate in this post at all its just an idea u have , quit it with the misleading topics - its getting tired

u could have easily called this

'anyone hear rubens post game comments? is he next?'

but no...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I would really hope that this team is not as fragile as Patterson just made them seem.

SAR and Theo I don't think want to come to a team that's given up before the freaking all star break. There is alot of season to play.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
If I've learned anything about Patterson it's that he's emotional. As such, I don't take anything he says as "eternal truth".

This is the guy who apparently wanted nothing ever to do with Randolph again. This is the guy who changed his mind about requesting a trade. Etc, etc.

I believe he's pretty upset right now. I believe he will be for a couple of weeks. I also believe that could change by the time March rolls around.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ignorant rant by Ruben. How does he know the specifics of the deal? This team isn't going anywhere this year, playoffs don't matter this year. The streak is nice, but big deal. Get us to a home court advantage position in 2-3 years and these guys will be crowned kings in PDX. Management has a job to do, they are doing it, players need to shut up and play.

Stop whining Ruben. It ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT MATTER what the players thought of Rasheed. That CANNOT be factored into the decision...that's how we got into the mess we're in.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TP3</b>!
Ignorant rant by Ruben. How does he know the specifics of the deal? This team isn't going anywhere this year, playoffs don't matter this year. The streak is nice, but big deal. Get us to a home court advantage position in 2-3 years and these guys will be crowned kings in PDX. Management has a job to do, they are doing it, players need to shut up and play.
post of the week.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
When Rider was in Portland, a few of his teammates used to say that he was actually a nice guy. Soft spoken, polite, personable, charming, etc.

Players say a lot of things. Attachments form on a team. Guys get close. That's natural. I used to hang out with guys whom I later realized were total jerks. At the time I thought they were the greatest people in the world.

The people who hung around Charles Manson loved him. I'm sure Ken Lay at Enron had lots of fans, too. Studies show that attachments can even form between kidnappers and their hostages.

Attachments and loyalties like the one Ruben has mean nothing. If you let the players run the team it would be a disaster. That's why you need management who can see the bigger picture and make the tough decisions that are best for the team.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts