Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Can someone give a reason so that Yao is always All Star and Pau doesn't .

Technically Pau is so good as Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan . Probably Pau needs to capture more rebound , but he's still young . If you change , Duncan with Pau , this season the Spurs would win the title again . I have not doubts about .

if finally this season Pau is not in the all Star ,There would a word to explain if : conspiration .

And now what ask you , if there someone who thinks Yao is better than Pau ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Helter Skelter said:

Technically Pau is so good as Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan . Probably Pau needs to capture more rebound , but he's still young . If you change , Duncan with Pau , this season the Spurs would win the title again . I have not doubts about .

if finally this season Pau is not in the all Star ,There would a word to explain if : conspiration .

And now what ask you, if there someone who thinks Yao is better than Pau ?
Resisting.........urge......to......make fun......of......*passes out from pressure on brain* :meditate: :meditate:

Reactions: Seuss

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Helter Skelter said:

And now what ask you , if there someone who thinks Yao is better than Pau ?
Pau doesn't make the All-Star team because hes only the 6th best PF in the WC!

Duncan
K.G.
Amare
Dirk
Brand

Im not even sure that hes better than K-Mart!

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
J Blaze said:
Resisting.........urge......to......make fun......of......*passes out from pressure on brain* :meditate: :meditate:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funny J Blaze!!! Nice one... :greatjob:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Helter Skelter said:
constipation? :dead: :eek8:

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
tempe85 said:
[strike]BallScientist... you're only supposed to have one screen name.... :laugh:[/strike]

Please do not bait other posters. Thanks.

- Premier
I am going to report to "Shaq".

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Iron Man said:

Duncan
K.G.
Amare
Dirk
Brand

Pau Gasol is alot better than K-mart. K-mart is pretty overrated to me. K-mart is a better rebounder, and defender not by much, but Gasol destroys him offensively.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Pau has not deserved an All Star selection up to now. Last year he was close but he got injured. Pau and Yao are equal level talents IMO. I think Houston would be a little better with Pau because he can create his own offense but Memphis would probably be better with Yao because of the double teams he commands.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If they were matched up against one another, I'd pick K-mart over him anytime --- if K-mart's healthy that is :boohoo:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
LeroyJames said:
constipation? :dead: :eek8:
con·spi·ra·tion Pronunciation Key (knsp-rshn)
n.

1. The act or an instance of conspiring.

con·spire Pronunciation Key (kn-spr)

v. tr.

To plan or plot secretly.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I think Yao is clearly better than Pau on both ends of the floor. And Gasol is nowhere near the level of Duncan and Garnett.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Iron Man said:

Duncan
K.G.
Amare
Dirk
Brand

I'm not even sure that you watch basketball...at all.

I'd take Pau over the two-man, one-leg combo of Amare and Martin this season, thanks very much.

Yao Ming...? C'mon.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Rawse is right.
You guys might want to check out Pau Gasol this year. Memphis is the sleeper team this year and it's in large part due to Pau Gasol. He's finally the man in Memphis. And boy can that kid play.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
And someone please humor me and give me the arguement for Yao being better than Pau. The stats don't back it. The wins don't back it. What's the basis?

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
futuristxen said:
And someone please humor me and give me the arguement for Yao being better than Pau. The stats don't back it. The wins don't back it. What's the basis?
In his absence I will make the most powerful defense Ming_7_6 could possibly make here...

"Yao Ming is 7-6 not 7-5!"

And that is why Yao Ming is better than Pau Gasol.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
futuristxen said:
Guess I'll give it a shot, sounds alot funner than sleeping. Well, actually I'd say the stats don't back it. Their career numbers are similar, with Yao having a slight edge when considering how many minutes they played. And if you're just talking about this year, the only stats that Pau kills Yao in are blocks and assists. And that's not even factoring in that Pau plays an extra 5 minutes per game. And as for wins, over their careers Yao has roughly a 10% higher winning percentage. Or are we talking about just this season?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts