Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Re: Jermaine O'Neal or Pau Gasol?

Quis said:
O'Neal, no questions asked. He's got everything on Gasol except passing, and I don't consider passing as a big priority for big men. Scoring, rebounding, defense, winning attitude, etc. all heavily in favor of O'Neal.

Factoid of the Day: Pau Gasol has won the same number of playoff games as everyone reading this. 0.
Pretty much with this. Gasol finally had one season where he wasn't a softy and everyone wants to make him Karl Malone :rolleyes:. It's good that he's showing his potential, but JO's been at least on his level for 3-4 years. JO.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Re: *Jermaine O'neal or Paul Gasol* POLL

Just waive a Pistons jersey at him, and then watch him go 2-11.
Oh hey, what did Jermaine O'Neal shoot last night? Anyone have a box score handy? I don't think Indiana was playing Detroit though, so nevermind.

Also, while we're on the subject, didn't Gasol put up like 30 points? Who would give up 30 points to freakin' softy-boy Pau Gasol...?

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Rawse, I thought you were better than bumping something like this after one has a good game and the other has a bad night.

Right now it's about a wash because they're both disinterested and on the verge of being moved...talk to me once they both have full motivation again.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Rawse, I thought you were better than bumping something like this after one has a good game and the other has a bad night.
I'm not. I'm not at all.

Right now it's about a wash because they're both disinterested and on the verge of being moved...talk to me once they both have full motivation again.
About a wash?! Come on now.

Jermaine's issue isn't motivation. It's that he's breaking down quickly from a grab bag of injuries, just as I said he would, and is content to lazily float around the perimeter. Partially because he's scared of getting injured yet again and partially because he's an idiot and has played that way for years.

He's still jump shooting 71 percent of the time (and shooting just 35.4 eFG%). Egads. That's just bonehead basketball from a bonehead basketball player.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I'm not. I'm not at all.

About a wash?! Come on now.

Jermaine's issue isn't motivation. It's that he's breaking down quickly from a grab bag of injuries, just as I said he would, and is content to lazily float around the perimeter. Partially because he's scared of getting injured yet again and partially because he's an idiot and has played that way for years.

He's still jump shooting 71 percent of the time (and shooting just 35.4 eFG%). Egads. That's just bonehead basketball from a bonehead basketball player.
You do know JO's 29, and in his 11th year while Pau is entering his athletic peak at 27? I don't know why you're so proud to be right in this instance....yeah, at the time, O'neal was closer to his prime period of play, and I thought he was still better than Gasol. Now, not so much. He's been banged up and he's lost all motivation, playing on a bleh team in Indiana. I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't had prolonged health or a decent team to play with in two and a half years, but hey, bump this next year, and if things are going the same way for O'neal, I'll admit Gasol's now the better player.

I don't think this is the most fair comparision anymore anyway, compare him to Boozer or Stoudamire, someone closer to his experience level.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Bump.

Over a decade later, Pau Gasol is a lock for the Hall of Fame. 6x All-Star. 4x All-NBA. 2x NBA champion. Scored 7,000+ more points in his career than Jermaine O'Neal, who continued getting injured and became an afterthought shortly after the previous last post in this thread.

Clear victory for me. Shoutout to Pacerfan23.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts