Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

A couple of weeks ago we had a nice trade rumor from Insider stating that Memphis wanted Curry but Paxson basically said no unless the name Pau Gasol was part of it. Then we sort of spoke about Gasol. Well today, the guy just went off against KG. No, he is not KG. But at his size and body, today atleast, there was no one closer to playing like KG then Gasol did. Memphis, as I have accused them of, do not play to Gasols Strengths. But today, for stretches, they turned him loose. He scored 27 pts. I think Memphis beat Minny on the road. Now, do we trade curry for Gasol? i dont know. Its close considering what Curry has done recently. But I think Pau is a definite front line player. Unfortunately, if Curry would wake up before groundhogs day, he is too. Can we trade 2 of our young guys outside of Curry (Craw/Hinrich and Chandler) plus take back a bad contract to get him? I would certainly look at it

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
i say no . not because i dont like gasol because i do ,but i question his ceiling as a player, He plays good defense and good offense but i dont greatness for him in either , in the nba you win big with greatness , even if all around he should stay a better player than Curry for a while

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>happygrinch</b>!
i say no . not because i dont like gasol because i do ,but i question his ceiling as a player, He plays good defense and good offense but i dont greatness for him in either , in the nba you win big with greatness , even if all around he should stay a better player than Curry for a while
Actually, Gasol's not much of a defender. A nice weakside shot-blocker, but not a good man-up guy at all.

Garnett is the guy he modeled his game after in Spain -- he's on record as saying that KG was his idol. Then, he went and slammed a nasty dunk down on him his rookie season and the two have played some intense games since then. Gasol always gets up to play when KG's on the floor.

That being said, there's no way I trade Gasol for Curry. If you guys want the Swift/Battier package, then I'll start to listen, but right now, we're making a huge playoff push and I'm not rebuilding the team so I can wait and see if Curry wants to live up to his lofty potential.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I dont know how we can call it Gasols going off on KG when KG had 30pts 16 rebounds and 5 assists :laugh:

I think much more impressive was Posey holding Spree to 4pts in 37 minutes .How much for that guy ? ;)

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>TRUTHHURTS</b>!
I dont know how we can call it Gasols going off on KG when KG had 30pts 16 rebounds and 5 assists :laugh:

I think much more impressive was Posey holding Spree to 4pts in 37 minutes .How much for that guy ? ;)
well 27 pts and the game winner over KG late in the 4th is pretty darn impressive, particularly on the road against the best team in basketball. Gasol stood tall today

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

well 27 pts and the game winner over KG late in the 4th is pretty darn impressive, particularly on the road against the best team in basketball. Gasol stood tall today
Actually, Battier nailed the go-ahead jumper. Tough shot, too.

Gasol was 11-14 from the floor. If he got as many shots as Garnett did, he would have gone for 38-40. He was a beast on the offensive end.

Posey made Spree disappear completely. The guy was an afterthought for practically the whole game.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!

Actually, Battier nailed the go-ahead jumper. Tough shot, too.

Gasol was 11-14 from the floor. If he got as many shots as Garnett did, he would have gone for 38-40. He was a beast on the offensive end.

Posey made Spree disappear completely. The guy was an afterthought for practically the whole game.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(hey rawse 11-14 is three misses..... 38-40 is 2 misses..... taking more shots whipes missed shots from box scores???? :eek: )

:laugh: :laugh: :angel:

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shazha</b>!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(hey rawse 11-14 is three misses..... 38-40 is 2 misses..... taking more shots whipes missed shots from box scores???? :eek: )

:laugh: :laugh: :angel:
Hm. Maybe I should have indicated that "38-40" would have been his point total. Not his FGM/FGA. :)

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
lol rawse correcting everyone.

I think we are too caught up with Curry being valuable because there is no one like him. Curry's ceiling is very high and as much as I like Gasol, he too is at most the piece of the puzzle. I don't think he is the answer to take us all the way. Gasol would dominate the East immediately. His minutes are limited right now with Hubie's rotation so he's a better player than the stats say.

Gasol's defense is not that great but he has made great strides. I think he worked on it all summer and he really wants to improve on that aspect.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts

Hm. Maybe I should have indicated that "38-40" would have been his point total. Not his FGM/FGA. :)
Hell, I thought you meant if he got as many shots as KG he'd score 76 points.
:laugh: ;)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Silly silly silly.

The least probably time that Jerry West would trade Gasol is directly after he's gone off against KG. Yes, that's right, KG... arguably the best player on the face of the planet, and you think they'll trade him for possibly the most disappointing player of the season?

Seriously, get a grip. Opposition GMs aren't in the business of trying to get the Bulls started again, and they're certainly not going to trade a KG-beating franchise player for someone who could only dream of doing so.

As Rawse said, Stromile/Battier is probably the right price for Curry.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
That being said, there's no way I trade Gasol for Curry. If you guys want the Swift/Battier package, then I'll start to listen, but right now, we're making a huge playoff push and I'm not rebuilding the team so I can wait and see if Curry wants to live up to his lofty potential.
Fair enough. I dont think we should trade Curry for Gasol either. Gasol is a 4, and we have too many of those already.

Doesnt really work for either team.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I would like to trade Chandler for Gasol and then draft Emeka.

A front line of
Gasol
Emeka
Curry

Would be pretty sweet.

But I don't think West would want Chandler instead of Curry.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I would like to trade Chandler for Gasol and then draft Emeka.

A front line of
Gasol
Emeka
Curry

Would be pretty sweet.

But I don't think West would want Chandler instead of Curry.
Chandler
Kirk/JC
Erob

For Gasol and a bad contract like Jwill might be able to get it done

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TRUTHHURTS</b>!
How much?
Coulda had him this offseason for the MLE. :D

But hey, good times, we got Pip instead! :cry: :rolleyes: :cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts