Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pierce has been voted onto the 2004 All-Star team by Eastern conference coaches.

Congrats to Paul.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yes, and unlike others I thought he deserved it. Redd seems to be the "sexy" player everybody puts ahead of Pierce, but he has essentially the same PPG, and his boards and assists just can't compete with Paul. Marc Stein on espn.com said Redd should definitely be in and the Pierce selection was "debateable"? Please. Redd is one-dimensional.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
No qualms with how it went out

Michael Redd DOES deserve it. His team is much better than the Celtics and nobody thought they'd even win 30 games. Redd has been sensational--and he's absolutely KILLED us.

Pierce has struggled some since the Atlanta game, but he also totally deserves it, too. To me, there is no debate. Pierce and Redd should go, and LeBron should stay home.

LeBron will be an All-Star next year and probably the next 10 after that, so I guess not being one at 19 won't hurt that much.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Both players desrve it.... Redd is acarrying a team that everybody thought was a lottery team again... and Paul is Paul...l congrads to both.. i was really hoping for Redd to.. i think he is gonna be something special in time

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
I don't mind Paul being named an all-star. Its hard to argue someone else over him, including Redd. However, with the way the all-star game has developed, I don't really see Paul (or Redd if he was there) getting many minutes. Essentially, its become a street ball game and a guy like Paul doesn't have a game that goes well in that style of play.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!
I don't mind Paul being named an all-star. Its hard to argue someone else over him, including Redd. However, with the way the all-star game has developed, I don't really see Paul (or Redd if he was there) getting many minutes. Essentially, its become a street ball game and a guy like Paul doesn't have a game that goes well in that style of play.
Exactly why they need Lebron. It's a Slam Dunk Contest where they keep score..

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frankly, I do not mind if Paul does not get too many minutes.

I would hate to see him injured. I hope he enjoys himself (not Vin Baker type enjoyment) and gets to relax.

He wants and deserves to be there. So does Redd. I think the Eastern coaches got it right. LeBron will be there next year and probably for the rest of his career. He can play in the rookie game instead.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but this is just pathetic.

"There are some players who shouldn't be on there," Pierce said after being named to the Eastern Conference team yesterday. "I am not going to say who. There are guys who made it who are not having as good a year as me. But I think the coaches know what kind of player I am. They understand I am a top player and I deserve it. I would have been disappointed not to make it. I feel I am at least in the top 12 players in the Eastern Conference."
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2004/02/04/pierces_talent_shines_through/

I haven't read the papers in a long while, and stuff like this will just keep me from reading it.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rhodyruckus</b>!
Yes, and unlike others I thought he deserved it. Redd seems to be the "sexy" player everybody puts ahead of Pierce, but he has essentially the same PPG, and his boards and assists just can't compete with Paul. Marc Stein on espn.com said Redd should definitely be in and the Pierce selection was "debateable"? Please. Redd is one-dimensional.
ohh please is boston had an actual PG or any forward who can rebound like one, paul's assists and boards would be way down.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>knickstorm</b>!

ohh please is boston had an actual PG or any forward who can rebound like one, paul's assists and boards would be way down.

Nice no knicks made it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Paul Pierce does seem a bit full of himself.
I wouldn't be bragging about what a great player I am if my team was losing games the way the Celtics have been.

Danny Ainge isn't any better. Why is he encouraging a player for an All Star team when his team is as bad as the Celtics are?
Wouldn't you think he would want Paul to stay home and rest up for the dog fight the Celtics will be in over the next 3 months to make the playoffs?

Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!
I don't know about you guys, but this is just pathetic.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2004/02/04/pierces_talent_shines_through/

I haven't read the papers in a long while, and stuff like this will just keep me from reading it.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Paul Pierce and Walter McCarty for to NY for Houston, Thomas, Doleac and fodder (Williams, Sweetney).

Please. Go re-read what you just wrote.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by <b>24-7</b>!
Paul Pierce does seem a bit full of himself.
I wouldn't be bragging about what a great player I am if my team was losing games the way the Celtics have been.

Danny Ainge isn't any better. Why is he encouraging a player for an All Star team when his team is as bad as the Celtics are?
Wouldn't you think he would want Paul to stay home and rest up for the dog fight the Celtics will be in over the next 3 months to make the playoffs?
All stars = marketability

marketability = $$

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Paul Pierce and Walter McCarty for to NY for Houston, Thomas, Doleac and fodder (Williams, Sweetney).
Have you taken a look at Houston's contract lately?

15, 17, 19, 21 over the next 4 years.

Hmmmm I don't think so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts