Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the quote from the recap on NBA.com.

I had stopped watching by then but ouch.
If we continue to be this bad it will happen on a daily basis.
I hope he can handle that.

Here is the quote,

Boston's Paul Pierce managed just 12 points on 3-of-16 shooting. He was booed in the fourth quarter after missing an open dunk and launching an airball 3-pointer on consecutive possessions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!
Here is the quote from the recap on NBA.com.

I had stopped watching by then but ouch.
If we continue to be this bad it will happen on a daily basis.
I hope he can handle that.

Here is the quote,

Boston's Paul Pierce managed just 12 points on 3-of-16 shooting. He was booed in the fourth quarter after missing an open dunk and launching an airball 3-pointer on consecutive possessions.
Something is clearly not right w/ paul.

its either his head, or his injured hand, or something.

i think its his head.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Boston fans would boo Larry Legend if they're drunk enough.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I read this as well, but couldn't even catch one of the rare games herre which aired on a local NY (MSG) station. This season looks grim, we need to use it to develop guys at this point and see what happens, we need to get Paul a supporting cast because he cannot handle and shouldn't have to and shouldn't be the only one with the ball all the time. he's screwed up mentally because this is like an overload on his game. HeneedsHELP, big time. Once we get LaFrentz back that will help, and Welsch, Davis, and Banks are all looking bright. We just need another piece or two to start building back to playoff level contention, and no, trading Pierce is NOT the answer as I may get from sum people.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Paul Pierce was booed tonight

Originally posted by <b>adamatic</b>!

Something is clearly not right w/ paul.

its either his head, or his injured hand, or something.

i think its his head.
According to Paul he is 100% in agreement with all the moves made with this team. There is an article in the Boston Herald today where he agree's we needed to rebuild.

He sounds pretty happy with the way this team is and I know he doesn't have an injury (at least not yet. That is just a matter of time. I bet we see an injury that keeps him out for the rest of the year sometime soon)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
Boston fans would boo Larry Legend if they're drunk enough.
LOL But Larry Bird was never booed here. He never played this badly, even when he was injured.

RichieRich,

You can't really believe what you just wrote can you?
You think this team even with added pieces can win a championship? (and according to Paul in todays Boston Herald getting past 1 or two rounds isn't enough)
I disagree with that. Unless it's Shaq

Overload on his game, trying to do everything? Can someone refresh my memory on where I have heard that before?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Paul Pierce was booed tonight

According to Paul he is 100% in agreement with all the moves made with this team. There is an article in the Boston Herald today where he agree's we needed to rebuild.

He sounds pretty happy with the way this team is and I know he doesn't have an injury (at least not yet. That is just a matter of time. I bet we see an injury that keeps him out for the rest of the year sometime soon)
i read that same article, and you are naive if you think everything is right in the land of PP's head.

you can tell by his body language that he's just not giving the same effort as he was last year.

why... that's the question.

is this season a lost cause, does he miss his old mates...

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
The Fleet Center fans aren't stupid. They know a crappy performance when they see one. Pierce looked like the pre-treatment Vin Baker out there.

When Pierce said that the team deserved to be booed, what he really should have said is that he deserved to be booed.

The honeymoon is over. Performances like the one he gave last night are becoming the norm, not the exception. Ainge really needs to do something-- quickly.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
The Fleet Center fans aren't stupid. They know a crappy performance when they see one. Pierce looked like the pre-treatment Vin Baker out there.

When Pierce said that the team deserved to be booed, what he really should have said is that he deserved to be booed.

The honeymoon is over. Performances like the one he gave last night are becoming the norm, not the exception. Ainge really needs to do something-- quickly.
I think you are right to an extent. But if you look at every successful team, each has more than 1 option. I mean think about it, If Webber (when healthy) was playing bad, there is Peja, now Brad Miller if webber plays, Vlade, Bobby jackson who is strong as hell off the bench, and Bibby to back him up. And vice versa.

This team just dont have any other options. They need to realize that if the superstar in Pierce is having a slump, the team will have a slump as well. The same thing with the Sixers with Iverson. They just need to find a way to acquire some guys who can hoop.

How? I do not know. What are the options? Financially? What can we offer money wise?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>

RichieRich,

You can't really believe what you just wrote can you?
You think this team even with added pieces can win a championship? (and according to Paul in todays Boston Herald getting past 1 or two rounds isn't enough)
I disagree with that. Unless it's Shaq

Overload on his game, trying to do everything? Can someone refresh my memory on where I have heard that before?

Where did I say that? Nowhere, Read my post b4 you criticize me, all i said was this team with added piece or two will be back to PLAYOFF LEVEL CONTENTION. If you LOOK at my post there is nowhere where i said anything about a championship, get your facts str8.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Richie Rich</b>!
I read this as well, but couldn't even catch one of the rare games herre which aired on a local NY (MSG) station. This season looks grim, we need to use it to develop guys at this point and see what happens, we need to get Paul a supporting cast because he cannot handle and shouldn't have to and <b>shouldn't be the only one with the ball all the time. he's screwed up mentally because this is like an overload on his game.</b> HeneedsHELP, big time. Once we get LaFrentz back that will help, and Welsch, Davis, and Banks are all looking bright. We just need another piece or two to start building back to playoff level contention, and no, trading Pierce is NOT the answer as I may get from sum people.
I remember the year the C's won 15 games and I believe some fans actually booed Walker that year - as if he was the problem. People most always seem to want to make problems look like it is only one thing that is wrong, when complexity is usually involved.:rolleyes:

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!!!
LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!!!
LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!

I remember the year the C's won 15 games and I believe some fans actually booed Walker that year - as if he was the problem. People most always seem to want to make problems look like it is only one thing that is wrong, when complexity is usually involved.:rolleyes:

[strike]Where did I say tha's the only problem? I said that is a major problem, do you people read b4 you respond or just see what pieces you want to see?[/strike]

Calm down. ---agoo

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul Pierce was booed tonight

Originally posted by <b>adamatic</b>!

i read that same article, and you are naive if you think everything is right in the land of PP's head.

<b>you can tell by his body language that he's just not giving the same effort as he was last year.

<u>why... </u>that's the question.</b>

is this season a lost cause, does he miss his old mates...
I think most of us really know "why" Paul is having the season he is having.

Ainge has problems, & maybe he should ask his good friend, Kiki, about how to be in control, especially when making BIG decisions.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Last night, Boston Fans had every right to Boo Pierce..

It was an awful performance..

But, we're forget and if Pierce gets his act together it will be his town again..

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>Richie Rich</b>!

Where did I say that? Nowhere, Read my post b4 you criticize me, all i said was this team with added piece or two will be back to PLAYOFF LEVEL CONTENTION. If you LOOK at my post there is nowhere where i said anything about a championship, get your facts str8.
Get your facts straight.
The reason we blew this team up was because being in contention for a Championship WASN'T ENOUGH.
Who cares about playoff level contention.
Why would we throw away a team good enough to be in contention just to rebuild a team for the exact same thing?

You make no sense.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

Get your facts straight.
The reason we blew this team up was because being in contention for a Championship WASN'T ENOUGH.
Why would we throw away a team good enough to be in contention just to rebuild a team for the exact same thing?

You make no sense.
If you're replying to a person and not a post, please leave that for PMs. ---agoo

·
Registered
800 Posts
Get your facts straight.
You make no sense.
We were in contention for a championship?

Get real! We were light years away from being a contender! Look at the players on that team! They overachieved greatly when they made it to the ECF! That was the most you could get out of them!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts