Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think we might be able to get Paul Pierce? From what I have heard, McHale is not looking to deal just to change faces, but to get a player that will make an impact on this roster. Now I would not mind dealing Wally along with a guy like Kandi or even McCants to get him. KG with Pierce would be a lot better than KG with Artest, but really not by much.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
No chance without giving up McCants + picks, at the very minimum, and even then I don't think so. The Celtics already have overpaid guys with long term deals (LaFrentz, Blount) and taking on Szczerbiak's franchise contract will never happen. Ainge also said he isn't dealing Pierce just to deal him, and that he's not gonna pull the trigger unless it's a good deal. P-2 has been probably a Top 10 player this year, and short of Garnett there's nothing really on Minnesota I'd trade him for.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
ill support Wally+Ollow' for peirce
That's good, because nobody in the Boston Celtics organization would.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Agreed socco, a Pierce/Garnett combo would be absolutely lethal. I think KG would be much more comfortable as a 2nd option on offense as he is not the kind of marquee scorer Pierce is. However, there is no foreseeable way to get him in a T-Wolves uni.

LOL,a Fan can dream.
Hey, I can't blame you. Why don't you guys sent Garnett our way for Davis + Blount?;)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You guys should really try to get Pierce. The only thing that KG needs to be successfull is a closer and Pierce is among the best at that.

Wally, Kandi, Hassell, McCants for Pierce and LaFrentz

Salaries match, I think this trade would be decent enough for Boston if they want to unload LaFrentz's massive contract and they get another young prodigy in McCants since their going young right now.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
They unload LaFrentz's massive contract only to get another, although S can actually do something, unlike Raef.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I can't believe that the wolves would give up on McCants so quick and trade him, I keep thinking that this guy can play well in this league, he really hasn't been given an honest fair chance, coming off the bench and barely touching the ball, he launches every shot he can just so he gets a chance to be involved, I think we're mishandling this rookie, just like we messed up on Ebi, and I think you can put William Avery on that same boat, all had potential, and never got much time to get involved. I think McCants could be our 3rd scorer. Trade for Pierce...sure, but it would take too much, we can't afford to give up our lottery pick and future picks.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
We would probably have to give up Wally, McCants, and a pick. Maybe not even then.

Pierce is one of the few players I would actually give up Wally for. McHale should do whatever he can to get him into a Wolves uni, if he is indeed available.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
We would probably have to give up Wally, McCants, and a pick. Maybe not even then.
The Celtics do not want Wally Szczerbiak. Let's look at it like this - the Celtics are trading Pierce, why? Not out of the goodness of their hearts, or because Pierce is a malcontent. They'd be trading him to either a) free up cap space or b) get younger. Now, if they're gonna take on a franchise-level contract like Szczerbiak, it would make more sense to just keep Pierce, who is twice the player Wally is at only slightly more of a cost and his contract actually expires sooner, anyways. It's safe to say the Celtics won't trade Pierce in a deal that involves World, so let's leave him out.

It would take McCants and about eight picks to do it. I can't see any scenario sans Garnett that the Celtics would even consider unless the Wolves want to take on some brutal contracts (LaFrentz).

I can't believe that the wolves would give up on McCants so quick and trade him
Rashad McCants will never be as good as Paul Pierce, and Garnett isn't getting any younger. Having two top 10 players priming together would be dangerous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts