Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who can we get - it talks about Rahim(ya right) or Al H

link

the link is fixed now,sorry!

"The Bulls would love to acquire a player such as Atlanta's Shareef Abdur-Rahim or Indiana's Al Harrington -- both of whom reportedly are available -- but they would have to include another contract, and there's minimal interest in the rest of the Bulls' roster. Miami's Eddie Jones also is a long shot"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Who can we get - it talks about Rahim(ya right) or Al H
If true, that is unbelievably stupid. The Bulls now have only 3 guards, and one of them is Brunson (sorry, I just don't consider Pippen, who isn't even playing, or Gill to be useful guards). The Bulls have a glut of big men and ridiculous collection of can't play SF's. So now Paxson wants to trade his best guard and best perimeter shooter for yet another big man or SF? Honestly, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

I can see deciding that Crawford isn't part of the long range plan. But the fact of the matter is, you have to trade him for another guard. If the Bulls want to get an SF who can actually play, they are going to have trade a big men and some package of AD, Fizer, Blount and JYD isn't going to get it done. It will have to be either Curry or Chandler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>ShakeTiller</b>!

If true, that is unbelievably stupid. The Bulls now have only 3 guards, and one of them is Brunson (sorry, I just don't consider Pippen, who isn't even playing, or Gill to be useful guards). The Bulls have a glut of big men and ridiculous collection of can't play SF's. So now Paxson wants to trade his best guard and best perimeter shooter for yet another big man or SF? Honestly, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

I can see deciding that Crawford isn't part of the long range plan. But the fact of the matter is, you have to trade him for another guard. If the Bulls want to get an SF who can actually play, they are going to have trade a big men and some package of AD, Fizer, Blount and JYD isn't going to get it done. It will have to be either Curry or Chandler.
I agree we need a guy who can shoot if we trade JC.

though I wouldn't say getting Rahim is stupid - it would force us to make other adjustments as well.

the way wer'e playing i wouldnt say trading for Bill Cosby is stupid!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,378 Posts
How about JC,Fizer(expiring contract) for Baby Al and Ant Johnson? Hinrich and Johnson would be a good duo at PG. That would leave Gill as starting SG backed up by Pippen with Baby Al at SF backed up Robinson. Dupree could give minutes at SG or SF. I would not do this though until Pippen was back and could give 20-24 minutes a game so we are not stuck playing Gill for 40 minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
How about JC,Fizer(expiring contract) for Baby Al and Ant Johnson? Hinrich and Johnson would be a good duo at PG. That would leave Gill as starting SG backed up by Pippen with Baby Al at SF backed up Robinson. Dupree could give minutes at SG or SF. I would not do this though until Pippen was back and could give 20-24 minutes a game so we are not stuck playing Gill for 40 minutes.
that seems like a nice trade.I think if Al gets the right chance under the coach for him he can explode as a rising star.i think he's gonna be much bigger then JC and the best thing he is a very good and tough D player unlike JC.I dont know how much he fits our ofense today but that can change since it brought us nowhere.Tinsley instead of Johnson could be even nicer since they dont want him there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
892 Posts
Actually, getting a player like Harrington or Abdur-Rahim right now, even if it means giving up a guard does make sense. Both of those players have spent time producing at both forward positions, though I imagine they'd spend most of their time in Chicago as a SF.

Trading Crawford for either one of these guys would leave the Bulls very thin in the backcourt for the rest of the season, its true. However, it appears Pippen's fairly close to being activated. And I suspect that Paxson may actively pursue a free agent SG during the summer when players like Brent Barry and Voshon Lenard, to name a few, become available.

I think we have to realize that the playoffs are no longer a realistic goal for the Bulls this season. So even though trading from a position we're thin at right now may not make much sense for this year, it makes a lot of sense if Pax is able to sign a quality two guard over the summer. And if our won/lost record suffers this season from a lack of depth in the backcourt, what's the harm if it improves the team's draft position in June?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
If you guys really want SAR and are hellbent on dealing Jamal then maybe you could do a deal like SAR & Jason Terry for A Davis & Crawford?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
If you guys really want SAR and are hellbent on dealing Jamal then maybe you could do a deal like SAR & Jason Terry for A Davis & Crawford?
I'd do it. Would Atlanta???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
He is also shopping

Per CBSportsline.com Rumor Mill--The Toronto Sun reports that the Bulls will likely trade Antonio Davis to a team in playoff contention prior to the February trade deadline. Davis, meanwhile, hopes that he can finish out the remainder of his contract in Chicago. (1/5)


So Jamal and AD for??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: He is also shopping

Originally posted by <b>Modena360</b>!
Per CBSportsline.com Rumor Mill--The Toronto Sun reports that the Bulls will likely trade Antonio Davis to a team in playoff contention prior to the February trade deadline. Davis, meanwhile, hopes that he can finish out the remainder of his contract in Chicago. (1/5)


So Jamal and AD for??
Link???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
If you guys really want SAR and are hellbent on dealing Jamal then maybe you could do a deal like SAR & Jason Terry for A Davis & Crawford?
The Wizards once tried to trade Mugsy Bogues and Manute Bol for Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. It didn't happen. I never understood why.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,378 Posts
I would hope that if we pulled off the JC/Fizer for Al/Ant Johnson trade that Paxson would use the MLE this summer on a SG like Wesley Person.

2004-05:

Hinrich,Johnson,Williams
Person,Gill
Harrington,Pippen,Robinson
Chandler,JYD
Curry,Davis


Throw in our lotto pick to this and we look in good shape to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Re: He is also shopping

Originally posted by <b>Modena360</b>!
Per CBSportsline.com Rumor Mill--The Toronto Sun reports that the Bulls will likely trade Antonio Davis to a team in playoff contention prior to the February trade deadline. Davis, meanwhile, hopes that he can finish out the remainder of his contract in Chicago. (1/5)


So Jamal and AD for??
Dunleavy
Pietrus
NVE

Ok not a playoff team but then Dallas can send Jamison back to GS for Davis. Works for me
 

·
The Snake
Joined
·
6,527 Posts
We better not get Wesley Person...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
58,359 Posts
Call me crazy, it won't be the first time that has happened, but I think AD will be here all year. He is needed to play against Curry. JYD is not the answer to defending Curry in practice.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top