Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I know he's a former Blazer, and I know that he came into the front office game under Whitsitt (both potential positives for me) but I have not been impressed with Paxson as the Cavs' GM... and I wouldn't be enthusiastic about him running our team.

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Ed O said:
I know he's a former Blazer, and I know that he came into the front office game under Whitsitt (both potential positives for me) but I have not been impressed with Paxson as the Cavs' GM... and I wouldn't be enthusiastic about him running our team.

Ed O.
how hard is it to look good when you luck into LeBron James?

I think he's had 5 coaches in 5 years too. Not exactly an improvement over what we had or have.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
He would rank in my book as one of the bottem 5 GM's in the game today. Please lets not put someone with poor performance in the GM spot just because he was a Blazer. Thats like putting Clyde Drexler as coach when he has proved he was incredibly lazy and has no skill to do the job. I think being a former Blazer should rank at the bottem of important qualities for hiring Blazer staff. Patterson should lose his job if he even considers Jim Paxson.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Hap said:
how hard is it to look good when you luck into LeBron James?
Well, to give him SOME credit, he built a team that was going to be in great position for LeBron.

He gave away Lamond Murray and Wes Person, two of their best players, for nothing and that helped cement them as a terrible team.

Of course, when building a bad team is the biggest point in your favor, that's not a good thing.

I think he's had 5 coaches in 5 years too. Not exactly an improvement over what we had or have.
No doubt.

Ed O.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts