Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arn Tellem, the agent for Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford, met with Bulls general manager John Paxson and attended Tuesday's game. The informal meeting had been scheduled for weeks, but an incident from last Friday also came into discussion. A frustrated Paxson angrily challenged Curry and Crawford in the postgame locker room following a bad loss to Portland. Paxson later apologized to both players for losing his cool. Tellem will be negotiating contract extensions for both players at some point.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...sbits,1,7043703.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone think is about to lose his patience with these two?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sounds to me that he's moving closer to a decision to blow this team up and rebuild with his kind of players.

For example, take a look at the players he's added since he replaced Krause: Hinrich, Pippen, Gill, Davis, Williams, Dupree. Is there a common denominator at work here? From what I can tell every one of them are hard working, defensive-minded, agressive individuals who for the most part have never shied away from doing the dirty work on the court even if it means puting your body at risk because of the pounding it takes in order to execute those "dirty" assignments successfully. Simply put, would you describe Crawford's and Curry's playing styles as similar to those players I've already mentioned?

Let me put it another way. Having seen the kind of players Paxson prefers based on his acquisitions so far, if Curry and Crawford were playing on different teams, do you honestly think Paxson would have any interest in trading for either one of them?

Curry and Crawford have had three and four years respectively to show Chicago fans and everyone associated with the Bulls organization what kind of moxie they're made of. Performance inconsistencies aside (because of youth, inexperience, etc) both players have displayed on-court demeanors more akin to a butterfly than a bull. What makes anyone think that their personalities and their basic natures will ever change?

These are not Paxson's kinds of players. Color them gone at the first opportunity. Paxson wants no part of perpetuating Krause's failed legacy. What Paxson wants is a team that embodies the same kind of winning attitude and mental and physical toughness we saw on display by the Pistons ballclub at the UC last night. You don't win in the NBA with soft players, no matter how talented or loaded with potential they may be. The Krause legacy will sputter to an end no later than this summer. It seems inevitable.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!

Why? I'd like to hear a detailed answer if I may.
My advise for you Retro: just go for one Bulls game and you will see all your “detailed” answers...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5 star post C Blizzy. We have had this discussion many times and I could not have said things any better myself.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>robert60446</b>!

My advise for you Retro: just go for one Bulls game and you will see all your “detailed” answers...
I've been, have you?

Why is it that when I ask this question, no one will answer it? Or when they do, all they can says is bad defense, no fire and short answers like this.

For one, I'd love to see some true analysis on the subject, not just some chicken**** two word answer.

·
Registered
933 Posts

I've been, have you?

Why is it that when I ask this question, no one will answer it? Or when they do, all they can says is bad defense, no fire and short answers like this.

For one, I'd love to see some true analysis on the subject, not just some chicken**** two word answer.
My second advise for you Retro: when you are watching Bulls game, keep your eyes open! Do not follow the sleep!
Retro, the point is you are big Eddy Curry fan and I’m not any more. You are still drinking “Eddy=next Shaq” lemonade and I’m not…

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts

Why? I'd like to hear a detailed answer if I may.
Forgive the following rant...

Retro, as a diehard Bulls fan, it is hard to keep having petience with this team after being so bad for so long. It's not like we just haven't been a top team for the last six years; we've been just about the worst every season. What makes it worse is I honestly can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. Last year, I thought I saw it, be it very dim, but it seemed to be there. Then, we come into this season and play horribly. We lose our coach. We lose two of our top players from last year. Our young guys who looked so promising at the end of last season have seemed to take a step backward for the most part. Our fans boo. This team hasn't been fun to watch, apart from spurts here or there. We're 12-26. That means we're on pace for 25 or so wins; 5 less than last season. Frustration builds when you spend so much of your time following a team and you continulously see a bad product. I realize I'm not a player, coach or executive, but what happens with this team personally affects me because, for some stupid reason, I care. Because of that, patience wears thin...ESPECIALLY when I see a guy like Eddy Curry, with all the talent and potential in the world, playing horribly and showing no desire or fire. Just yesterday, he admitted he hasn't been working hard, for christ's sake! My god, most of the fans work harder being fans than he does as a player! Excuse my language, but that's [edit]ing nuts!!!:upset: I try to keep my patience and keep telling myself the guy is only 21...and the team's core is still young...and we've had key injuries...and we have new players...and we have a new coach...and frickin etc. Forgive me for not wanting to think of excuses anymore as to why we still suck so badly. I just want to see a good team and watch good basketball. That's all I want! I don't need a championship this year or the next...I just want to enjoy all the time I put into this team. Lately, I'm not and that, in itself, might be the most frustrating part.

So, Retro, that's why I'm starting to lose patience with this team and, more specifically, Eddy.

Also, forgive me for any grammatical or spelling errors I may have made. There's no way I'm proofreading this frickin thing.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PC Load Letter</b>!

Retro, as a diehard Bulls fan, it is hard to keep having petience with this team after being so bad for so long. It's not like we just haven't been a top team for the last six years; we've been just about the worst every season. What makes it worse is I honestly can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. Last year, I thought I saw it, be it very dim, but it seemed to be there. Then, we come into this season and play horribly. We lose our coach. We lose two of our top players from last year. Our young guys who looked so promising at the end of last season have seemed to take a step backward for the most part. Our fans boo. This team hasn't been fun to watch, apart from spurts here or there. We're 12-26. That means we're on pace for 25 or so wins; 5 less than last season. Frustration builds when you spend so much of your time following a team and you continulously see a bad product. I realize I'm not a player, coach or executive, but what happens with this team personally affects me because, for some stupid reason, I care. Because of that, patience wears thin...ESPECIALLY when I see a guy like Eddy Curry, with all the talent and potential in the world, playing horribly and showing no desire or fire. Just yesterday, he admitted he hasn't been working hard, for christ's sake! My god, most of the fans work harder being fans than he does as a player! Excuse my language, but that's [edit]ing nuts!!!:upset: I try to keep my patience and keep telling myself the guy is only 21...and the team's core is still young...and we've had key injuries...and we have new players...and we have a new coach...and frickin etc. Forgive me for not wanting to think of excuses anymore as to why we still suck so badly. I just want to see a good team and watch good basketball. That's all I want! I don't need a championship this year or the next...I just want to enjoy all the time I put into this team. Lately, I'm not and that, in itself, might be the most frustrating part.

So, Retro, that's why I'm starting to lose patience with this team and, more specifically, Eddy.

Also, forgive me for any grammatical or spelling errors I may have made. There's no way I'm proofreading this frickin thing.
This represents a logical, impassioned plea from a true die-hard Bulls fan. And I think this accurately portrays the feelings of most Bulls fans who have both relished the good times and loyally survived the bad times as well. The question PC asks is a legitimate one: "After 6 years, where's the light at the end of the tunnel?"

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Do Not Trade Curry Until Next Season!!!

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
For example, take a look at the players he's added since he replaced Krause: Hinrich, Pippen, Gill, Davis, Williams, Dupree. Is there a common denominator at work here? From what I can tell every one of them are hard working, defensive-minded, agressive individuals who for the most part have never shied away from doing the dirty work on the court even if it means puting your body at risk because of the pounding it takes in order to execute those "dirty" assignments successfully. Simply put, would you describe Crawford's and Curry's playing styles as similar to those players I've already mentioned?

Let me put it another way. Having seen the kind of players Paxson prefers based on his acquisitions so far, if Curry and Crawford were playing on different teams, do you honestly think Paxson would have any interest in trading for either one of them?
:eek:

Awesome.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>robert60446</b>!

My second advise for you Retro: when you are watching Bulls game, keep your eyes open! Do not follow the sleep!
Retro, the point is you are big Eddy Curry fan and I’m not any more. You are still drinking “Eddy=next Shaq” lemonade and I’m not…
Point proven. Thanks for playing.

·
Banned
780 Posts
no i say trade him now,why?there is still doubt about EC and JC as to if they will become great or not and right now that doubt is a great thing if you want to trade him now,wait till next yr and i would say everyone will know for sure and they will be worthless..

on another board i USED to be apart of i tolled them last yr 06/03 that EC and JC was going to bust this yr and that we should get rid of these 2 now(last yr we could have traded both for a superstar) but they said i was full of SH*& well after a yr look where we are....

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I'm frustrated with this team too. But I won't let my frustration cloud my judgement. The Bulls have hitched their wagons to the three C's for better or worse. This season it just so happens to be worse. And there are plenty of reasons, or excuses if you prefer, why it is the way it is. That doesn't make it any easier to watch Curry go out and play like he belongs in the WNBA. Nevertheless, trading any of the C's right now would be a move precipitated out of impatience rather than rational thought. And I don't think that Paxson can deal any or all of the three C's and bring in a core that will be a playoff or championship caliber team. I just don't see it happening. Sure, he could deal EC & JC and get someone who could make the Bulls respectable in the short term. But, I think that if the Bulls are going to have long term success, it's gonna fall on the three C's. Otherwise we are doomed to many years of mediocrity. Granted mediocrity is better than what we have right now but I STILL think our players will develop if we give them time instead of trying to think of a good trade for them after every Bulls loss. Did we really expect to beat the Pistons last night? I didn't.

Another thing, why is Paxson in the locker room yelling at players? Isn't that the coaches job if it needs to be done? I think Paxson needs to back off and let Skiles do his job while Pax does his own job myself.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Sounds to me that he's moving closer to a decision to blow this team up and rebuild with his kind of players.

Curry and Crawford have had three and four years respectively to show Chicago fans and everyone associated with the Bulls organization what kind of moxie they're made of. Performance inconsistencies aside (because of youth, inexperience, etc) both players have displayed on-court demeanors more akin to a butterfly than a bull. What makes anyone think that their personalities and their basic natures will ever change?

These are not Paxson's kinds of players. Color them gone at the first opportunity. Paxson wants no part of perpetuating Krause's failed legacy. What Paxson wants is a team that embodies the same kind of winning attitude and mental and physical toughness we saw on display by the Pistons ballclub at the UC last night. You don't win in the NBA with soft players, no matter how talented or loaded with potential they may be. The Krause legacy will sputter to an end no later than this summer. It seems inevitable.
Damn fine post my man.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PC Load Letter</b>!

Nice post. I'll throw up some comments after my meeting.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts

This is a great point and I couldn't agree more with your view of Paxson's thinking.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts