Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATLANTA -- While establishing his preseason demand of a playoff berth, John Paxson considered Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry untouchable on the trade market.

link

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Paxson seems very defensive about panicking.

My money is on him panicking and doing something stupid right at the trading deadline.

He already lost his cool when he yelled at Curry and Crawford.

It'll be Curry and Crawford and Eddie Robinson for some package from the Sonics involving Jerome James and Vlad Radmonovich.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
:rotf:
i wouldnt mind doing a couple of deals here. deal JC to the knicks via utah in my deal and do Mike DCs deal. that means Curry and Chandler stay. if we get Emeka this summer, one of those guys can go

·
Registered
146 Posts
that means Curry and Chandler stay. if we get Emeka this summer, one of those guys can go
In that case, why would anyone give you value for either Curry or Chandler? NBA GM's as a general rule are not the brightest bulbs on the blocks. One thing they do, however, almost recognize is team that is over a barrel because it has a glut of talented players at the same position. In that circumstance, rarely, if ever, do you get full value for what you trade. Moreover, to make any deal you often have to trade the best of your players at the overstocked position.

The bottom line is that the Bulls should move either Curry or Chandler now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts