Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone hear Paxson on ESPN 1000 last night after the Bulls beat the Rockets?

The first caller called in and complained about management betraying the team over the season, obviously referring to eddy curry, and then two minutes later Paxson calls in, and states what he has been saying all along. I thought it was really cool seeing how much Paxson cares about the opinion of the fans.

GO PAX!

GO BULLS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
kirkisgod said:
Did anyone hear Paxson on ESPN 1000 last night after the Bulls beat the Rockets?

The first caller called in and complained about management betraying the team over the season, obviously referring to eddy curry, and then two minutes later Paxson calls in, and states what he has been saying all along. I thought it was really cool seeing how much Paxson cares about the opinion of the fans.

GO PAX!

GO BULLS!
Pax did what he thought was right and I too am glad that he does take the opinions of the fans to heart (no pun intended). Its much better then George Bush, who doesnt read the news, search the internet and gets all his feedback from his political filters. But Pax needs to stop talking about Curry, PERIOD. He sounds desperate replying to every phone call and complaint. And frankly, for him to mention Curry, is borderline illegal to the CBA. So I hope Pax continues to listen to the fans but I also hope he shuts his pie-hole. He was mistaken in the way he handled the Curry situation and the post situation and I invite him to debate it. But still Pax, to get a lottery pick for Curry, could have done worse. But it was a situation he created and could have been avoided.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,150 Posts
rlucus,

As i always say people can agree to disagree but both EC and JC have had plenty to say and some of it has been directly at pax. The bottom line is he does have a right to speak his mind. Mind you i wish ec was still a bull but i also think he is a spoiled rich kid. And same for JC. They both take runs at pax all the time and last time i check pax, who imho has always conducted himself in a principled manner does not have to take that trash talk from either. If either were men they would stop the bs and just play hoops. it is a strange world we live in when some 23 year old disrespects his boss but i guess that just is the nba. When i work if someone acts like that they get kicked out but ec is 6'11" so talking trash is ok. I guess we just disagree.

But on another note did you notice the teams leading the pacific division. I must need new glasses.

be cool.

dg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Paxson can not comment on players playing for other teams. Plain and simple. Thats what the rule says and Pax crossed it numerous times already. He would be wise to not discuss Eddy Curry anymore. He made his bed and we know how he feels but now is the time to grow up and drop it. Considering he feels that he has to answer to a fan shows that he hasnt. I too appreciate his desire to listen to the fans, but he doesnt have to answer to every fan who calls on a radio show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
giusd said:
rlucus,

As i always say people can agree to disagree but both EC and JC have had plenty to say and some of it has been directly at pax. The bottom line is he does have a right to speak his mind. Mind you i wish ec was still a bull but i also think he is a spoiled rich kid. And same for JC. They both take runs at pax all the time and last time i check pax, who imho has always conducted himself in a principled manner does not have to take that trash talk from either. If either were men they would stop the bs and just play hoops. it is a strange world we live in when some 23 year old disrespects his boss but i guess that just is the nba. When i work if someone acts like that they get kicked out but ec is 6'11" so talking trash is ok. I guess we just disagree.

But on another note did you notice the teams leading the pacific division. I must need new glasses.

be cool.

dg
actually mate, I cant remember EC or Crawford ever taking a swipe at the Bulls, the GM, the coach, their teammates, or anyone. They both have kind of taken the high road.
 

·
X-Mas Taker
Joined
·
8,947 Posts
rlucas4257 said:
actually mate, I cant remember EC or Crawford ever taking a swipe at the Bulls, the GM, the coach, their teammates, or anyone. They both have kind of taken the high road.

actually JC did take a borderline swipe at the organization , when he got to new york saying he was with a "real organization "

oddly enough most bulls fans took this as if he shot cannon fire at their mothers.

curry has only told paxson to stop speaking on his condition and prior dealings with each other...mentioning legal action if it continued.

the bulls have disappointed me as their took the low road on both occasions ,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
kirkisgod said:
Did anyone hear Paxson on ESPN 1000 last night after the Bulls beat the Rockets?

The first caller called in and complained about management betraying the team over the season,


This is why he responded, a GM who was called out for betraying his team. Should have let it go, but his emotions got to him. In the General Managers job discription, organizational betrayal is either a mortal sin or a deathknoll.
Too he could'nt have responded directly to the caller, that would have been good radio!
 

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
Joined
·
5,702 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
Paxson does not seem to mind picking up the phone to call AM1000.
I LOLed. :biggrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Personally I don't know what Pax did that was so wonderful. He demanded a test that would determine if Curry had a predisposition towards HCM at some point in his life. Isaiah on the other hand, did in 4 days what Pax could not do in 4 mos, get Curry cleared to play basketball by 10 doctors and an NBA cardiologist to boot. Pax erred WAY on the side of caution, to the point of it being ridiculous, I don't know how so many can suggest that Pax "did the right thing" when clearly he didn't, if you need proof, note that Curry IS cleared to play basketball in Ny, thats it...bottom line.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top