Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this thread to set the record straight. So when people make those threads that ask who is that best at a position they will know who plays what position. So what I am going to do about it is this - Anyone who needs to know what position a player plays, post the question here. Then, someone who watches that team play will tell them what position he plays. If you think that some people do not know what position a player on the team you watch plays - Go ahead and post it anyway. ONLY POST THE PLAYERS ON THE TEAMS YOU WATCH! I know this sounds weird, but it WILL SAVE US A LOT OF ARGUEMENTS.

I will start by telling you - Ben Wallace is a PF

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
KENYON MARTIN

too small and not strong enough to be a PF and no dribbling or shooting skills for the SF position. HE IS THE ULTIMATE TWEENER!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: KENYON MARTIN

Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
too small and not strong enough to be a PF and no dribbling or shooting skills for the SF position. HE IS THE ULTIMATE TWEENER!
That is not what this thread is for. It is to declare a player ONE position. NOT A TWEENER. Kenyon Martin really plays PF, so he is a PF.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Kenyon Martin is NOT a 3, he is a 6'9 freak. The kid has the game and the body of a 4.

From what I've heard, Kenyon has been hitting the weight room in preparation for his move to the 4 this summer and I wouldn't be surprised if he came in at 245.

19/9/3 on 47% to go along with 2 steals and 2.5 blocks next year.

Also, Richard Jefferson is a 3 and cannot play the 2-guard position.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>7M3</b>!
Kenyon Martin is NOT a 3, he is a 6'9 freak. The kid has the game and the body of a 4.

From what I've heard, Kenyon has been hitting the weight room in preparation for his move to the 4 this summer and I wouldn't be surprised if he came in at 245.

I am glad someone gets how this goes.:)

So far we have -

Ben Wallace - PF
Kenyon Martin - PF
Richard Jefferson - SF

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Jermaine is a PF. I think Waggner should be a 2 but I think the cavs will try him at the point.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
OK

I know for a fact Vince Carter is a SG and Mo Pete is a SF. Also, Jerome Williams is a PF and definitely not a SF. Antonio Davis is a PF by trade who becomes a C when JYD comes in at PF.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>RollWithEm</b>!
OK

I know for a fact Vince Carter is a SG and Mo Pete is a SF. Also, Jerome Williams is a PF and definitely not a SF. Antonio Davis is a PF by trade who becomes a C when JYD comes in at PF.
Are you sure about Carter and Petterson? I thought it was the other way around.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Spartanfan2003</b>!

Are you sure about Carter and Petterson? I thought it was the other way around.
I am positive. I watched 74 of their games last year. Carter is the 2.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I watched all of the Grizzlie games last year and I saw that Pau Gasol was a PF, but he switched over to center evry now and then. But he is primarily a PF. So -

Morris Petterson - SF
Vince Carter - SG
Pau Gasol - PF
Jermaine O'Neal - PF
Richard Jefferson - SF
Kenyon Martin - PF
Ben Wallace - PF

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>7M3</b>!

Well I don't know if you went and watched the Nets play summer league, but I did. It appeared to me that Richard Jefferson is definately capable of playing the 2 position. When he played against Lavor Postell, he definately outplayed him, even tho Postell didn't guard him. Pete Mickeal, a better defender than Postell, was guarding him. During the summer league, Jefferson proved that he could take guys off the dribble and pull up or go to the hoop, step back beyond the 3 pt. line and nail the shot, and be the playmaker when he was needed. So I question whether or not Jefferson is a 3. Guess we will have to wait until the season starts...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think Jefferson is a 3.

-Petey

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hedo has grown to a full 6'10 over this summer, and he has put on some more muscle, it will be interesting to see if he can play and start as a sg.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
TMAC is a SF not a two guard.
Duncan is a center but plays PF only because Robinson is currently playing. He will return to his positon once David retires.

Kenyon Martin is a PF, not a SF

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>hunterb14</b>!
TMAC is a SF not a two guard.
Duncan is a center but plays PF only because Robinson is currently playing. He will return to his positon once David retires.
I need a second opinion on those two. I haven't heard of Duncan as a center, and T-Mac hasn't played SF scince he was in Toronto, besides Grant Hill will be back next year.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

I need a second opinion on those two. I haven't heard of Duncan as a center, and T-Mac hasn't played SF scince he was in Toronto, besides Grant Hill will be back next year.
On the Duncan thing read the post about whether he should switch postitions. mduke supports me fully

·
Registered
1,767 Posts

Duncan was a center in college. He plays power forward because the Spurs already have a Hall of Fame center.

McGrady is one of those "guard/forward" players. He can play either one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts