Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News is the Sonics are having trouble with Payton's contract extension... Agent says it's best if they trade him...Give them all or any of these guys Dampier, Fortson, Foyle, Jamison, Sura, Arenas, and Mills... Do it now!!!! Maybe they would take St. Jean and Cohen that would be a dream come true... New ownership, Rick Barry as GM and Eric as coach, wow what a dream... I know it won't happen, but we can all dream...

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Dream about what? Gary Payton isn't going to win the Warriors a championship if he comes there, which is unlikely.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i just posted about the same subject on the sonics board.one thing about trades that people have to remember,it isnt quantity its quality.to get payton you are going to have to part with a high number one pick(no problem)and then players whose contracts add up,that would mean a combination of say;fortson,jamison and either murphy or welsch.personally i like the deal from both teams standpoints but these gm's dont have the guts to pull the trigger on any major deals,that would mean they would have to be repsonsible for something.

·
Registered
413 Posts
So you would give up.. potential good players and a pick just...

Just to pick up a great pointguard that probly only has about three years at best.. and he'll only help you get about another 10-15 wins.. which amount to NOTHING, especially that you are playing in the west.. look at the KINGS.. 55+ wins.. and they did not win the championship..

I'm sorry to say but.. I love payton's game and have idolized the man... but... will all his talent... he will not get the W's far.. in the west.. neither if Kidd came here.. he would only occomplish the same as payton but probly only win a couple more games....

You forget the W's are playing in the WEST.. Just do what the clippers have done.. and build a competative team through the draft... even with that they haven gone into the playoff's yet.

I rather keep the draft picks together.. we had 6 good picks in the past two years.. keep those picks together and see where it takes you..:upset:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts