Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peja was sleepwalking tonight against the suns. Sucked big time in the first half, then got lucky with some layups and Phonix' no defense play.

Ended up with 29 and 12 boards , shot 12-23 and 5-10 from three point land.

Shawn Marion on the other hand was 4-17 only 8 points.

Come to think of it Peja outplayed and outscore Marion and Amare put together by 29 to 18.

And some people were saying Marion is better
Wow, the ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would have happened if Peja gave a damn tonight.

Guy was sleepwalking on the court and ended up with more points than those two guys put together. Hey 29 and 12 boards is better than what Garnett does. Did I mention Peja was 1/2 asleep out there while putting up these stats??????
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!
Peja was sleepwalking tonight against the suns. Sucked big time in the first half, then got lucky with some layups and Phonix' no defense play.

Ended up with 29 and 12 boards , shot 12-23 and 5-10 from three point land.

Shawn Marion on the other hand was 4-17 only 8 points.

Come to think of it Peja outplayed and outscore Marion and Amare put together by 29 to 18.

And some people were saying Marion is better
Wow, the ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would have happened if Peja gave a damn tonight.

Guy was sleepwalking on the court and ended up with more points than those two guys put together. Hey 29 and 12 boards is better than what Garnett does. Did I mention Peja was 1/2 asleep out there while putting up these stats??????
First off, one game, give it a break. Second, did you notice how many of Peja's shots came off assists from one of his many excellent passing teammates?

You are really failing to prove anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I said Peja sucked this game.

If you read I did say he got lucky with a number of layups and wide open threes. I'm not kidding, he did have 29 points and 12 boards, but he sucked, looked slow and sluggish.

I know he can score 30+ easily on his own, so I'm not going to praise him for a game like tonight.
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
wow. Imagine if Peja was like awake or something. He could score a million points.

Peja is soooo great.

Who would you take in their primes:
MJ
Magic
Bird
Wilt
or
Peja

A few days ago I would have said MJ. But after this post by therealdeal, I have seen the light. Peja is clearly the best player ever to touch a basketball. He should have shrines built to him.

All hail Peja.

Yippie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
if im not mistaken KG had 26pts 18rebs 6 assist, 2 blk against the lakers, that's better than what peja did tonight. Against dallas he got 27 pts, 22rebs/7 assist which is better than 29/12.
 

·
Top Of The Pops
Joined
·
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kg_mvp03-04</b>!
if im not mistaken KG had 26pts 18rebs 6 assist, 2 blk against the lakers, that's better than what peja did tonight.
Plus Kevin Garnett did it unconscious in a coma, on a hospital bed, hooked up to instruments and an IV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, but KG had to give 110%. and the IV was steroids. He should be tested for drugs and kicked out of the league.

Peja didn't wake up until after the game when Chabarkapa, Divac and him went out for another dinner.
 

·
BBB.net Archivist
Joined
·
26,901 Posts
Slava Medvedenko is better than Vlade. I didn't watch the Kings tonight, but watching the Lakers the ball kept coming to Slava on loose balls and offensive boards as if it was magnetically attracted to his hands. Plus Rahim out of fear only attempted to iso him 3 times in the game where he went 1-2 and one pass out after Slava shut him down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
Slava Medvedenko is better than Vlade. I didn't watch the Kings tonight, but watching the Lakers the ball kept coming to Slava on loose balls and offensive boards as if it was magnetically attracted to his hands. Plus Rahim out of fear only attempted to iso him 3 times in the game where he went 1-2 and one pass out after Slava shut him down.
*edited*

purchase league pass then make some more insightful comparisons.

Peja is actually better than Shawn Marion. Statistics show it, CBSsportsline.com agrees as well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,747 Posts
This season Peja is definately better since Marion has been in a funk almost all season long.

Last season however Marion was clearly better player than Peja outplaying him in all 4 games and beating him in almost all statistical categories including 3pt% except FT% and FG%.

Marion only played good in december this season although his shooting was still not up to his standard, the rest he all played waaaaay wayy below his usual play which is a reason the Suns lost some games.


Marion in december
22ppg 11rpg 3apg 2.5spg 2bpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
This season Peja is definately better since Marion has been in a funk almost all season long.

Last season however Marion was clearly better player than Peja outplaying him in all 4 games and beating him in almost all statistical categories including 3pt% except FT% and FG%.

Marion only played good in december this season although his shooting was still not up to his standard, the rest he all played waaaaay wayy below his usual play which is a reason the Suns lost some games.


Marion in december
22ppg 11rpg 3apg 2.5spg 2bpg

The operative words here are "LAST SEASON"

This is a whole new year. Peja has stepped up his game. I will reiterate what I had said before. People who only watch the games that come on nationally have no basis for comparison if they are not watching specific teams on a regular basis

I.E Peja plays no defense. Peja has vastly improved his defense. Though he will NEVER make the All-defense team, he can shut a player down

Hell who was guarding Marion last night?? PEJA!!

And Marion has been playing horribly. Period. I "liked" the Suns and catch as many games of theirs I can on my League Pass (STUPID STUPID TRADE :upset: ) but to think that Marion is better and will surpass Peja is not realistic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,047 Posts
Umm, 1652, are you sure he's serious? :D

Wow, he clanked some threes early and sleptwalk through layups againt a porous defense in a blowout. Imagine if he had been awake. He would've, umm, layed them up some more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,747 Posts
Peja shut down Marion? LOL

Marion was just way off he clanked his shots all night long.


To think Marion will surpass Peja is not realistic? He was already better and Peja who is older surpassed him this season. Anything can happen.
If Marion starts to play like he used to he will surpass Peja again quickly.
 

·
Home where I wanted to go
Joined
·
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>golgor</b>!
Excuse me, but in which fantasy league were Karl's numbers better than Peja's???????

Peja shoots 48.5% even though he launches about 5-6 threes per game.

Karl shot 46% and shoots layups or 12 footers.
Peja is well over 50% from two point land.

Who cares if Karl averaged a point more, he is THE #1 OPTION ON OFFENSE IN UTAH.

Sacramento has many options. In Utah, playing the #1 go to guy like Karl, Peja would score 35 per game.
Originally posted by <b>golgor</b>!
And Kings are a better team mostly because of Peja.

Malone and Stockton are two of the hall of famers. Most people would say that each is the best ever at his position. And isn't this what this argument is about.

2 OLD hall of famers like Karl and John losing to Peja and Vlade 17 out of 19 games.

All that means is that Karl is number one go to guy who's lost it and shoots only 45%.
Peja shoots 55% from the same range.

All that really counts is that 2 Hall of famers ( exactly what LA is getting ) Lose to Vlade and Peja every time and Peja shoots 10% better than Karl. Even without Webber and Bibby, Peja and Vlade still beat Karl and John.
Originally posted by <b>golgor</b>!
Dallas and Sacramento don't even have to think of how to defend the lakers.

They just need to play their own game and they can always score more than LA.

In an7y case:

Biby is better than Payton at 35

Webber eats41 year old Malone for lunch just like 31 year old Malone would snack on him.

Shaq vs Divac, only because of refs andthe fact that Vlade too is getting old, give Shaq and advantage.

Kobe vs Christie , who knows, that should go to Kobe, but Christie can handle him.

Now all this basically looks pretty even, but then we have Peja anaccounted for. And when healthy he is the best player on the court when these two teams meet.

So Sacramento by 25 should be expected most games.
Originally posted by <b>golgor</b>!
Sure. That's why Lakers are still below .500 and Kobe was shooting 42% during Shaqless period when he had his chance to prove how good he really is.

Shaq is the most dominant and Kobe is the best. Then how do you explain their record. How do you explain they have to get championships handed to them by the NBA through referees.
( as we all saw last summer )

Divac and Stojakovic won the real world championship last summer. They also won the NBA championship last june. Only morons wuld dispute that.

Therefore the best player in the league is probably Stojakovic.
Originally posted by <b>golgor</b>!
Stojakovic does what is necessary to win.

He has the world championship ( the real one )

Sacramento is a much better team than LA mostly due to Stojakovic ( check where they were a few years ago before he and Divac showed up )

That's the only stat that really matters.

Now for a logic test:

If Kobe is the best and Shaq is the most dominant, then surely they should have a much better record than they do now and surely they wouldn't need refs help to win.

Can you see how stupid your logic is. A team with 2 best players in the league is 21 - 22 at the all star break? Doesn't make much sense does it?

Stojakovic has been playing with more serious injuries than Kobe and Shaq put together in case you want to use that as an excuse.
Hmm....I wonder what former poster "Therealdeal" is? Is this guy Peja's agent or something? I can't even imagine Peja's mother agreeing with half of the things that Golgor says about him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!
Peja was sleepwalking tonight against the suns. Sucked big time in the first half, then got lucky with some layups and Phonix' no defense play.

Ended up with 29 and 12 boards , shot 12-23 and 5-10 from three point land.

Shawn Marion on the other hand was 4-17 only 8 points.

Come to think of it Peja outplayed and outscore Marion and Amare put together by 29 to 18.

And some people were saying Marion is better
Wow, the ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would have happened if Peja gave a damn tonight.

Guy was sleepwalking on the court and ended up with more points than those two guys put together. Hey 29 and 12 boards is better than what Garnett does. Did I mention Peja was 1/2 asleep out there while putting up these stats??????
yes, peja is king, we all know already:uhoh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
All Hail Prince Peja I would definitly want him on my team instead of

Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Shaquille O'Neal
Tracy McGrady
Kobe Bryant
Paul Pierce
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson

Caus we all know Peja would take these guys to school every night, probably averegaing a triple double and 50 points




**sarcasm**
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!
Hey, I said Peja sucked this game.

If you read I did say he got lucky with a number of layups and wide open threes. I'm not kidding, he did have 29 points and 12 boards, but he sucked, looked slow and sluggish.

I know he can score 30+ easily on his own, so I'm not going to praise him for a game like tonight.

My point was not that he sucked this game but that a majority of his scoring opportunities were coming from manafactured opportunities through the offense and great passes from his teammates.

I watched that game last night and Peja didnt look slow or sluggish at all. So your trying to pump up his stats greater than they are is just plain bogus.
 

·
Home where I wanted to go
Joined
·
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!



My point was not that he sucked this game but that a majority of his scoring opportunities were coming from manafactured opportunities through the offense and great passes from his teammates.

I watched that game last night and Peja didnt look slow or sluggish at all. So your trying to pump up his stats greater than they are is just plain bogus.
Exactly. Who cares how he would have done had he actually played well in the first half? The fact is that he didn't play well in the first half. That happens all the time in the NBA. People get hot in one half and are ice cold in the second half. Hell, Kobe dropped 42 in one half last year and couldn't hit anything in the second half. Some people, like Peja yesterday, can't throw the ball into Lake Tahoe in the first half and make everything they throw up in the second half. That is the NBA for you. There are very few people that are consistently hot throughout a game. Even Jordan had hot and cold streaks.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top