Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is possible peja will be MVP? he has great stats, leader of the kings and shows that can be a franchise player and for me is the best SF now what u think?

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I don't believe he is a franchise player. I don't believe you could or would build a team around him. And I think the MVP must be a franchise player. So, no.

I'll elaborate a little... a franchise player is a guy who you can just give the ball to over and over and he can take over games and sometimes win games by himself. If Peja were on a bad team like the Hawks or the Wizards, I don't think he would elevate them that much. You can't just give him the ball each time down the court on the perimeter and expect him to take over the game and win it for you. He's not that type of player.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
It's possible, but I doubt they would it give it to him. He has played great this year.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
He's played great, but look at the team. Brad Miller has been doing very good, and they have a lot of other good players. And then once webber comes back, his numbers will probably go down.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
brad miller has been their best/most important player just as much as peja

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I doubt that Peja will win but he really does deserve to be mentioned.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Greek</b>!
Is possible peja will be MVP? he has great stats, leader of the kings and shows that can be a franchise player and for me is the best SF now what u think?
Nope. No chance he beats out Duncan or KG.

I wouldnt consider Davis a candidate any longer either. His shooting percentages are pretty crappy. He needs to stop shooting threes. He's taken 100 more 3s than the next guy so far this season. He has played very well, but not MVP well.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Pedrag Stojakovic WILL finish as the 5th favorite MVP candidate

Garnett
Duncan
Kidd
Davis
This looks like an accurate list.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
In many years, if there was just KG or Duncan, they'd be undisputed (basically) MVP. But they're both in it. No way another player gets more votes than either of those two besides Shaq, who has an outside chance.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'll elaborate a little... a franchise player is a guy who you can just give the ball to over and over and he can take over games and sometimes win games by himself.
That's exactly what Peja has been doing whenever necessary.

Like scoring 20 in a quarter against Utah to put the game away.

Tonight again against Phoenix, they cut the lead from 20 to 10 and Kings went to Peja who scored 8 points in 30-40 seconds to get it up to 18 and finish the game.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just because Peja didn't come to the league with a shoe deal doesn't mean he's inferior to all the other great players.
I would take Peja over Kidd or Davis for sure. I would actually take him ahead of every player in the NBA who plays at the 1, 2 or 3.
Maybe I'm a little biased because I'm from Greece but I think Peja deserves more love than he gets from the NBA fans.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by <b>qwertyu</b>!
Just because Peja didn't come to the league with a shoe deal doesn't mean he's inferior to all the other great players.
I would take Peja over Kidd or Davis for sure. I would actually take him ahead of every player in the NBA who plays at the 1, 2 or 3.
Maybe I'm a little biased because I'm from Greece but I think Peja deserves more love than he gets from the NBA fans.
Believe me Peja gets tons of loves the NBA fans. The ones that actually watch all NBA teams and not just their favorite.

I love the fact that too many people don't watch but one or two games of a specific team and think they know/see everything about said team.

People need to put out the money for league pass so they can really see what these teams are about

Peja is certainly the MVP for the Kings (Brad is a close second)
Peja has come through w/clutch baskets for quite a few of the games this season (the ones that were coming down to the wire)

He's unselfish and is actually rebounding much better (12 rebounds last night) he's actually become quite a good thief too. Granted he won't be challenging Christie for that job but he can get a couple of steals most nights (one game even had 6)

And btw Peja does have a shoe endorsement. (my son is already begging for a pair when they come out)

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...10/daily33.html

Kings' Stojakovic to peddle shoes for Reebok
Sacramento Kings' phenom Predrag "Peja" Stojakovic has signed a multiyear endorsement agreement with Reebok International Ltd. (NYSE: RBK). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Widely considered one of the best shooters in the NBA, Stojakovic is the reigning "NBA All-Star 3 Point Shoot-Out" champion for 2003 and 2002. The 6-9, 26-year-old native of Belgrade, Serbia-Montenegro, will wear Reebok's NBA Mad Talent II on the basketball court. Hitting retail on Feb. 1, 2004, the shoe will be available for a suggested retail price of $75. Stojakovic will also play an integral part in basketball marketing campaigns leading up to the 2004 Summer Games in Athens.

Stojakovic's strong performance as a starting forward for the Kings earned him a spot on the Western Conference team in the 2003 and 2002 NBA All-Star Games. Prior to becoming the Kings' first-round draft pick on June 15, 1998, Stojakovic played professionally for three seasons in Greece.

Stojakovic is currently the fourth highest scorer in the NBA, averaging 25.3 points per game.

Reebok, based in Canton, Mass., is a leading worldwide designer, marketer and distributor of sports, fitness and casual footwear, apparel and equipment under the Reebok, Rockport, and Greg Norman Brands and footwear under the Polo Ralph Lauren Brand. Sales for 2002 totaled approximately $3.1 billion.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You'd take Peja over Lebron? I doubt many would agree with that. You could make a strong case that he is the second most valuable wing player though. Consistent, no weaknesses in his game, capable of shooting his team to victory (which not many players can do), fairly young, not a bad contract, and no character or legal questions. Personally, I'd rank McGrady and AK47 ahead of him however. Nowitski has more talent and is playing sort of a hybrid forward position, but right now Peja is playing better and has been more consistently important to his team's success this season.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Lack of a shoe deal. :rolleyes: No, it wasn't that. (and he does get attention besides in here)

Peja averages about 6 boards. The ONLY time KG hasn't gotten 6 boards was when he was ejected after 16 minutes. Duncan's gotten those 6 except a 7 minute stint in Memphis.

KG has about 2.5 times more assists than Peja, but just 15 more TOs. And he scores just about the same, at just about the same FG%. Plus 1 more steal, 74 more blocks, and of course the rebounds. Okay, one fewer win, the loss that coincides with that, and one more loss. Oh my.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts