Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as if Penn State has soured on "Sweet Caroline."

The popular Neil Diamond song will not be used during football games this season, and two university officials denied Monday that had anything to do with the lyrics.

"Absolutely no song changes were made based on lyrics," spokesman David La Torre said. "The song has come up on the list in recent years because it happens to be played in so many other professional and collegiate venues and has no real origination here at Penn State."

Those lyrics -- "Reachin' out, touchin' me, touchin' you" -- could be construed as inappropriate after a jury convicted former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky on 45 counts of child-sex abuse. The Altoona (Pa.) Mirror reported Monday morning that some university officials expressed concern about the lyrics.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...te-nittany-lions-cut-sweet-caroline-game-days

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Wisconsin definitely plays it. And it sounds just like that clip you played. Madison games are a cocktail party, everyone shows up drunk (if you aren't, you can take any number of 2 story beer bongs on the walk to Camp Randall) and sings and then stays for the 5th Quarter and dances and sings as the marching band plays a concert. We were HORRIBLE for like 100 years, you can understand why the atmosphere is such a party.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
On the plus side (maybe I'm talking out of my ass though) I feel like we have one of the more coed crowds in the NCAA because historically the game hasn't been important.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
The energy is unreal and infectious. The opposing players jump around too. It even KINDA gets out to the non-student sections, which is ****ing impossible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts