Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been rumors on some other boards that a trade might be in the work that would send Cro to the Suns for Penny Hardaway. He would fill the role of combo guard, but I don't think he's what the Pacers are looking for. His contract is as bad if not worse than Croshere's, and is really a liability with his injuries. He is nowhere near the player he used to be, but the Pacers may have to settle for him. What are your opinions on the situation.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Do we play Tinsley(sp?) off the bench then since Miller is still around. WHat about Ron Mercer and Ron Artest? I just think the swingman spot is loaded anyway.

I can say...

1) Miller
2) O'neal
3) Artest
4) Miller
5) Penny

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
no you dont need penny. His contract you do not need. Yes its true you move croshere to get penny but what if he gets hurt? You already have another player like that. Mercer. No, penny cant help you any.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I disagree

Penny would get minutes at the point as well. For some reason I think he will be healthy this year and have a very decent year. Kinda like Kerry Kittles. He's just so weak and brittle that it took a long time to recover. In Phoenix him and Stephon didn't get along (Who DOES get along with Steph) and Penny was the odd man out. We need a good combo guard. He's worth the gamble. * Crosh lets do it. If that doesn't work, hopefully we'll draft Rush or trade the pick. Maybe we could trade up and try to grab the Suns pick. We could give them #14 plus next years number one for their lotto pick and a 2003 #2. That way we could try to grab Hilario, who I really like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts