Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to say Penny played great tonight. I think the lineup the knicks used is there best lineup possible.

However, if Van Horn was to fit in, I would love to see

1- Stephon
2-Allan Houston
3-Penny(Most Nights)
4-Van Horn
4-K. Thomas

What do you guys think? I think Penny's defense has been very tough. I especially loved the blocks.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I like that too. And lets face it, Deke is only playing around 25 mins per night, so there is almost 50% of every game that that lineup is available.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I could have sworn I said somewhere that the Knicks needed a SF that could pass. Someone from the Grant Hill mold. Too bad Hill is injured, he's not an option.

I wonder who the heck could fill that role?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PENNY! !

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rashidi</b>!
I could have sworn I said somewhere that the Knicks needed a SF that could pass. Someone from the Grant Hill mold. Too bad Hill is injured, he's not an option.

I wonder who the heck could fill that role?
I knew you really liked the trade. Why did you tell me elsewhere that you didn't?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Wow, after seven attempts, a reasonably straight answer. Thank you. I'm almost tempted to push my luck and ask why specifically you don't like the trade. But I wont if it's gonna just get us both aggravated.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheTruth34</b>!
I just want to say Penny played great tonight. I think the lineup the knicks used is there best lineup possible.

However, if Van Horn was to fit in, I would love to see

1- Stephon
2-Allan Houston
3-Penny(Most Nights)
4-Van Horn
4-K. Thomas

What do you guys think? I think Penny's defense has been very tough. I especially loved the blocks.
I like penny, I think he can play but 8-20, 1-7 in 47 minutes isn't what I'd call great.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
So you officially dont like the trade?????

What trade would you have rather seen pulled off???

I like the trade only due to the fact that we were NOT going to rebuild..I would have been happy tanking the season,playing lampe,williams sweetney and sticking with spree and dyss....

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
penny is definately my favorite Knick

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I like the idea of Penny at SF. The Knicks line-up is heavy with quality shooters but poor in passers. That's the main reason starting Williams at PG made such a dramatic difference. I don't trust Marbury as a floor general. Like AI, he should play with a PG who can fill in with the ability to handle team offense duties. Penny as a point forward does a lot to smooth out the offense.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yep

Originally posted by <b>NYCbballFan</b>!
I like the idea of Penny at SF. The Knicks line-up is heavy with quality shooters but poor in passers. That's the main reason starting Williams at PG made such a dramatic difference. I don't trust Marbury as a floor general. Like AI, he should play with a PG who can fill in with the ability to handle team offense duties. Penny as a point forward does a lot to smooth out the offense.
Yep, I agree.

I think that the best lineup is

1-Marbury
2-Houston
3-Hardaway
4-Van Horn
5-Thomas

that is a pretty sweet lineup. I can see big things happening once they adjust to playing together

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah!!!!!

and bring back Starks, Oak(I played with him over the summer at the YMCA, he looked ok), Charles Smith... AND EVERYONE ELSE..

THIS IS THE RE-BIRTH

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
why stop there...lets get X-man back...i loved that front line..that was the real bad boys

oak..X...mase:upset:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts