Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
List your starting 5 for the "Perfect Team"(This season, not All-Time)...I don't mean the 5 best players or your 5 favorite players, I mean 5 guys that will be able to play together and make a great team together.

And try not to just post "The Detroit Pistons" or any other team you like.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Steve Nash
Raja Bell
Shawn Marion
Boris Diaw
Kurt Thomas

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Chauncey Billups
Dwyane Wade
Boris Diaw
David West
Brad Miller or Marcus Camby

I just put some good players together that I really like. I have no way of knowing if they'll be able to play well together.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
The MAMBA said:
Kirk Hinrich
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Elton Brand
Chis Mihm

6th man: Ben Gordon
What the heck is that? A team of stars. No fair. There's no way a team like that can be formed if you take salary implications into account. The thread starter wasn't specific enough. I might have just a team that could trump that.

How's this:

Steve Nash
Vince Carter
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Ben Wallace

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol I forgot to make my team when I started the thread:

Kidd
Hamilton
Bowen
Brand
Wallace

I pretty much made this team focused on Defense...Kidd can pass and play D, Hamilton can do his mid-range high % thing, Bowen can play his lock down(maybe a little dirty) defense, Brand will probably be the primary scorer, and Wallace of course will block shots and play D.

Also, all these players are win first put up good #'s later type players, I don't think any of them will let ego's get in the way of the teams success.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm a HUGE Steve Nash fan, but a team of:

Jason Kidd
Boris Diaw
Shawn Marion
Ben Wallace
Dwight Howard

...would own.

NO ONE will ever be able to out-rebound this team, and with two effective passers/lobbers, and three good catchers/dunkers, it'd be just fun. Granted, there'd be no 3-pt shooting, besides Marion, but who's stopping them from 15-ft in?

That's not even mentioning this team's defensive capabilities.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
PG: Kirk Hinrich - Floor General
SG: Dwyane Wade - Clutchness, Offense
SF: Gerald Wallace - Defense, Defense, Defense. 2 Blocks and 2 Steals per.
PF: Elton Brand - Huge Post presence, points and rebounds. Blocking as well.
CE: Mehmet Okur - Need a big man who can step out and hit the outside shot.

Average Age: 25

Total Salary: $31,847,240

2 All-Stars, 2 Future All-Stars and Memo who can be an all-star.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Point Guard - Steve Nash - Not much defense, but his offensive game more than covers it up.

Shooting Guard - Dwayne Wade - Better D, clutch, and humble.

Small Forward - Shane Battier - The next Bruce Bowen, albeit cleaner and a better offensive weapon.

Power Forward - Shawn Marion - Does everything you need.

Center - Kwame Brown - Potential!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Kidd
Wade
G.Wallace
Garnett
Camby

·
Registered
437 Posts
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Andrei Kirilenko
C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas

6th - Derek Fisher
G - Bruce Bowen
F - Reggie Evans
G/F - Michael Finley
C - Etan Thomas

Not really sure what I was thinking about. But I thought it'd be sweet to see Lamar Odom, and Kirilenko in the frontcourt together. With the re-bounding, and stat stuffing at the F spots, picked Z for some offense at the 5. Kobe, Odom, and Kirilenko are so versatile also it'd make for alot of interesting line-ups.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Lebron James
Boris Diaw
Vince Carter
Dirk Nowitski
Ben Wallace

6th man: Tony Parker

Switch EVERYTHING! We'd be nasty on defense. Like Bulls with Harper-Jordan-Pippen, nasty. And Lebron and Boris can get by anyone and you'd have VC and Dirk out on the wings draining wide open 3's. Or you could spot Lebron up, with Boris going to the basket. And Lebron could rack up a ton of assists just running the pick and pop with Dirk, and throwing it to the rim with Wallace and VC.

I think on this team both Diaw and Lebron could come close to averaging a triple double. And I have Tony Parker coming off the bench if I have to switch it up to a more conventional lineup to deal with an ultra quick point guard.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
PG Jameer Nelson/Speedy Claxton
SG Paul Pierce/Danny Granger
SF Gerald Wallace/Shane Battier
PF Tim Duncan/Antonio McDyess
C Marcus Camby/Nenad Kristic

should be realistic enough, 2 All stars, and lots of potential

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.