Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff | November 26, 2005

The Celtics coaching staff dramatically shook up the lineup last night against the Bobcats, starting Kendrick Perkins instead of Mark Blount.

It may have helped as the Celtics pulled out a thrilling win, 90-89.

Coach Doc Rivers wants ''character" guys, who play tough defense, on the floor and Perkins fits that description. But Perkins picked up two quick fouls just four minutes into the game, forcing Rivers to go to his bench sooner than he would have liked. Al Jefferson replaced Perkins and played seven minutes before he picked up his third personal. Ryan Gomes went in for Jefferson.

All the while Blount sat at the end of the bench. Despite the Celtics' foul trouble, Blount remained there for the first half -- and the whole game.

When asked how disappointed he was with Blount's recent play, Rivers said, ''I don't want to get into personal things. We've got to rebound. Our point guard has more rebounds than our 5. That should tell you all you need to know."

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's about time. That DNP-CD for Blount was beautiful in my book.

Seeing Perk actually score a few points was beautiful too. As was seeing him only get 2 fouls in 24 minutes. My optimism about the rest of the season definitely went up last night in spite of the closeness of the final score.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I love Perk and although the fouls put a damper on his first start it was so great to see a kid who's worked his butt off for over 2 years now finally get to see the light. He's a great kid, I think he's going to be a very good player for us as his confidence grows.

·
Registered
472 Posts
whiterhino said:
I love Perk and although the fouls put a damper on his first start it was so great to see a kid who's worked his butt off for over 2 years now finally get to see the light. He's a great kid, I think he's going to be a very good player for us as his confidence grows.
:yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts