Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten a number of complaints and rightfully so over the exchanges that have gone on in here over the weekend. I want everyone to understand that by me not acting sooner was not an approval on my part over the personal attacks that have gone on in here. I am no longer Bulls moderator but i am, community moderator which means i am still here for the posters and moderators on all boards.

Here is a link to the guidlines of basketballboards. I think its a good idea for everyone to read them. Read them twice if you have to.

http://www.basketballboards.net/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=6

We expect that all members of BasketballBoards.net will behave in a way that's conducive to intelligent, responsible, and respectful discussion. Therefore, we have set some guidelines below, which we expect all of our members to follow at all times.

Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and/or denigrates another member at any time. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot," "moron," "stupid," and like terms constitutes harassment. Harassment not only includes individuals but also can apply to insults against teams, players, and groups of BasketballBoards.net members. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a team forum and/or team forum members can also constitute harassment.

The above goes for everybody. Posters and moderators.

We want this site to be a place where a poster can come to for intelligent conversations. Despite ones age or what one believes or not believes. Age has nothing to do with being a bulls fan. Thank god it didnt. I have been a basketball fan since childhood. About 4 or 5 years old. I went to many basketball games with my dad and uncles and aunts and never once was i put down or censored because of my opinions and i know they must of seemed childish to the grown ups, but they respected my opions and allowed me to have them. I expect the same in here. We are all Bulls fans. Period. That makes no one any better than the other.

There will be NO tolerance for childish name calling, baiting nor blasting others, this ads nothing constructive at all to an intellegent discussion. For those of you who like this childish behavior, you can find it on other boards. From now on, these types of posts will be deleted if i am made aware of them. And i wont wait so long next time.

Remember, if someone is acting/posting childishly... refrain from acting that way yourself. To the majority of you that continue to post in an intellegent/mature fashion...Lets make basketballboards the best place on the web for respectful, mature and intelligent converstion about the nba.

Now i am going back to clean up some of the mess from last night.... truebluefan

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I really like having all of you guys here.

Song, Retro, and MikeDC (and others I might be missing), I really like having all of you guys here. And I certainly wouldn't say that about everyone over at RealGM and other sites.

All of you regulary add interesting and insightful posts that are the lifeblood of sites like this one, so please, please just use your ignore feature (or do whatever else is effective for you) when people start getting on your nerves.

We need folks like you here, and I would hate to see bickering among you drive you or others away from the site. It is you and many others like you that make this site great. Heck, even BCH has turned over a new leaf.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
For my part, no opinion about the Bulls (or hoops in general) gets on my nerves. No one here will every here a cross word from me unless they've shot one at me first.

All I ask (and Trueblue and the rest of these guys are doing a great job of providing it!) is for a place to shoot the **** openly and without a bunch of namecalling nonesense.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I whole-heartedly agree. I came back to this board because trueblue sent me a personal invitation and I was fed up with the severe drop in basketball IQ at RealGM.

However, I don't appreciate it when someone follows me thread to thread to harass me, which is what had happened. I was not the only person to be harassed by him either... but that is in the past now.

I don't like using the ignore feature because it really can disrupt the flow of the conversation in a thread... All I ask is that if you are coming to a thread with no intentions on adding something that is beneficial to the thread, don't post. I know I was in the wrong on this as well, both in response to being provoked and my one thread in regards to the MikeDC situation.

I'll try not to react in the future, but I'm not one to dodge confrontation. My fiesty Irish side doesn't help, either. =) If by chance you do have a problem with me, PM me.

I also appologize to anyone who read my return fire...

Retro.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Re: I really like having all of you guys here.

Originally posted by NCBullsFan
Song, Retro, and MikeDC (and others I might be missing), I really like having all of you guys here. And I certainly wouldn't say that about everyone over at RealGM and other sites.

All of you regulary add interesting and insightful posts that are the lifeblood of sites like this one, so please, please just use your ignore feature (or do whatever else is effective for you) when people start getting on your nerves.

We need folks like you here, and I would hate to see bickering among you drive you or others away from the site. It is you and many others like you that make this site great. Heck, even BCH has turned over a new leaf.
Ditto.

P.S.: Now BCH will you please put your leaf back on! :grinning: :D

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Kum by yah My Lord

Kum by Yah

Kum by Yah My Lord

Kum by Yah

( Everyone hugging in the realm of the brotherhood banging those tamborines now ! )

·
Registered
929 Posts
Originally posted by FJ_of _Rockaway
Kum by yah My Lord

Kum by Yah

Kum by Yah My Lord

Kum by Yah

( Everyone hugging in the realm of the brotherhood banging those tamborines now ! )
:laugh: hallelujah brother!!!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
LA LA LA LA LALALALALAL BUMBA!

WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU!

WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU!

DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

NAH NAH NAH HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE!

ITS THE YMCA!!!!!

USA! USA! USA!

TO BE OR NOT TO BE THATS THE QUESTION HAVE TO BE ANSWER

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

WATCH GOTTA DO WHEN ALL MY PDUHMANIAS RUN WILD ON YOU! BROTHA!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I apologize to all for my participation in this business. I have put 4 people on ignore (and not BCH, who has overall been mostly fine) to avoid future problems and these 4 will stay on ignore so please (You kniow who you are) do not think any of my posts are responding to you. Please put me on your ignore lists.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by truebluefan
We expect that all members of BasketballBoards.net will behave in a way that's conducive to intelligent, responsible, and respectful discussion.
Does this mean you'll ban the leopard whose trying to hide his spots?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: personal attacks have got to stop!

Originally posted by gettinbranded

Does this mean you'll ban the leopard whose trying to hide his spots?
does that mean you? :D So far the leopard has been just fine. Its the prey that given trouble. ;)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Re: Re: Re: personal attacks have got to stop!

does that mean you? :D So far the leopard has been just fine. Its the prey that given trouble. ;)
Yeah, well check his response to me in the Jamal thread.

Too bad <censored> fell for it.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Re: Re: personal attacks have got to stop!

Originally posted by gettinbranded

Yeah, well check his response to me in the Jamal thread.

Too bad <censored> fell for it.
As far as i am concerned, the person you are speaking about has not broke any rules of the guidelines, But i have seen many jabs by you that had nothing to do with the thread in question. Just pot shots. what does this ad to the forum? Again....keep personal differences off the board.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: personal attacks have got to stop!

As far as i am concerned, the person you are speaking about has not broke any rules of the guidelines, But i have seen many jabs by you that had nothing to do with the thread in question. Just pot shots. what does this ad to the forum? Again....keep personal differences off the board.
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Not necessary

FJ Don't ever change :laugh:
Lets do our best to refrain from any name calling. Even if it were in jest, it gives place for OTHERS to call him the same name that might not get the same humor that it got from you. Lets talk basketball, okay?:grinning:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
snickering here...

Originally posted by FJ_of _Rockaway
Kum by yah My Lord

Kum by Yah

Kum by Yah My Lord

Kum by Yah

you forgot the part about "swaying back and forth".....:grinning:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Re: Not necessary

Originally posted by F.Jerzy

Lets do our best to refrain from any name calling. Even if it were in jest, it gives place for OTHERS to call him the same name that might not get the same humor that it got from you. Lets talk basketball, okay?:grinning:
This is very officious moderating

FYI , It was humour of a self depracating type

F.Jerzy is FJ of Rockaway and FJ of Rockaway is F.Jerzy - I post on different terminals.

A piece of friendly advice, a few of the mods here are a lil twitchy on their trigger fingers

Such over exuberance from those with the trigger finger may have a capacity to stifle the "spunk" of a board

Let it flow

·
Registered
510 Posts
Re: Not necessary

Originally posted by F.Jerzy

What's basketball?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.