Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yankee pitcher Andy Pettittes 18 year old son Josh threw a no hitter in a high school game this week, striking out 10 and allowing just 1 walk. Single most importantly Josh and his team got the WIN.

·
51,450 Posts
Congrats Josh this was brought up during a spring training game vs the Blue Jays a parent taped the game for Andy cause he could not be there. Josh is going to play college ball at Baylor depending on what happens in the draft it would be cool if the Yankees draft him.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Yankee pitcher Andy Pettittes 18 year old son Josh threw a no hitter in a high school game this week, striking out 10 and allowing just 1 walk. Single most importantly Josh and his team got the WIN.
You say this as though a no hitter without a win is something that happens on a regular basis...

Shocking development: joek claims no-hitters as a WIN METHOD staple...

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Congrats Josh this was brought up during a spring training game vs the Blue Jays a parent taped the game for Andy cause he could not be there. Josh is going to play college ball at Baylor depending on what happens in the draft it would be cool if the Yankees draft him.

Considering the nepotistic trend in baseball, I would not be surprised at all if the Yankees drafted young Pettitte. Andy Pettitte has always been a favorite of mine, and it'd be cool seeing his kid in a big league uniform for the Yankees. The way family plays a big role in the draft process has always been a fun part of baseball for me.

·
51,450 Posts
On the same day that Andy got win #250 his son Josh who was at the game and sported a record of 11-0 was drafted in the 37th round by the Yankees, still plans on going to Baylor but today had to be an awesome day for the Pettitte family.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
*applauds the new guy*

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Wait am I the only one who took this in as a troll thread trying to make it seem like Andy Petitte...I guess it being dated in March negates that but someone should change that thread title...I was about to come in here amped lol

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
No hitters are not always WIN METHOD - if a pitcher throws a no hitter but loses, he hasn't pitched as well as the pitcher who gives up 6 runs in 5 innings but gets the win because his offense exploded for 11 runs.

Duh.
Well, obviously. Because that other pitcher forced his team's offense to kick into high gear by pitching so poorly. I mean if Harvey Haddix had just let the Braves run up seven runs on him then the Pirates might have been forced to start hitting and they might have won. Instead he selfishly retired 36 batters in a row like the STAT FRAUD he was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts