Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BlazerFanFoLife</b>!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=draftdope1&prov=st&type=lgns

I like the guy called Shaun Livingston... hopefully we can nab him.

Just found this interesting, if quintell doesnt work out
Yeah, he looks like he's going to be a great one, but he's a high schooler. We don't want to have to develop the kid for many years. We need a PG in the near term, not in 4-5 years.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
After watching a game on ESPN, I want us to trade up if we have to so we get Felton, that guy can REALLY pass!!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I dont think this is a good year to draft a PG.

I hope we trade or sign Brent Barry and wait till 06' to draft a PG. Damon will be gone that year and the guy wont have to sit on the bench all year.

Not to mention this is a very bad PG year. Only Gordan is a lock for the lotto.

I would try and take a center with the higher of the two picks and take a passing, versatile SF with our lower pick. I am praying to god we get a chance to draft Andre Idugaula(SP) from Arizona, Christian Drejer of Florida or Luke Jackson..

Andre Iguodala, 6'6, 20 years old, 12.7ppg, 8.9rpg, 5.3apg

Christian Drejer, 6'9, 21 years old, 10.6ppg, 5.1rpg, 4apg

Luke Jackson, 6'7, 22 years old, 22.1ppg, 7rpg, 4.9apg

We need a SF who can make the entry pass.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I feel we have enough young athletic forwards with passing skills (woods, miles, outlaw?) and I also think any point guard we draft needs to ride the pine a fair amount the first year. Therefore, draft gordon, felton or nelson this year if possible and give them maybe 10 minutes a game as a backup rather than woods at point.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
I dont think this is a good year to draft a PG.

I hope we trade or sign Brent Barry and wait till 06' to draft a PG.
You might be right. This might be the best move possible.

Portland's got two of them in Miles and Woods.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have always support the strategy of drafting the best talent available. If that happens to be a pg, perfect.

I like Ben Gordon a lot. He has potential to be a very good pg, yet he's probably ready to contribute to solid minutes to any team he's drafted.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
If we can re-sign Miles for part or maybe even the full MLE, I don't think sf is a real need. Of course, as I said above, I'll draft the best available talent, be it a sf or whatever.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
If we can get a good point guard prospect, we'd be foolish not to, IMO...

We could sign Barry AND sign a nice prospect to play backup. I really think Damon will be gone either in the offseason or by the trade deadline next year...

He should not be a factor in the decision making except as a hole that needs to be filled.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Blazer Ringbearer</b>!
I really think Damon will be gone either in the offseason or by the trade deadline next year...
I dunno. Management might want to let Stoudamire's contract run out if they think the team is under the cap enough to sign a big name FA. I don't know who that might be. Letting Stoudamire's contract expired is a definate option, I would think.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Ok, maby we dont need a SF who can make the entry pass, but we could use a young SG.

Believe me, by the time we pick Gordon will be gone, Felton probably will drop outta the draft this year and Nelson could be a risk IMO and is kinda old for a PG

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
D-up -

Good point and maybe you're right, but I just feel like they'll get rid of him sooner rather than wait for him to be cap relief. If Nash knows his business, another year of Damon at the point makes him cringe too...

Also, even if he did want to keep him around as a lame duck, it would definitely be in his best interests to pick up a young point who could start learning this team and even possibly steal the starting job away from Damon.

TBG -

Qyntel is a good young SG. I think if you're going to draft for a position of need - which is always shaky ground - you should never do it for SG. That's too easy of a position to fill in this league.

I still say get what you can for Damon - prospects, pics, whatever - and sign Barry and use at least one of the pics for a nice point prospect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts