Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember during one of the past drafts that I wanted the Nets to grab Omar Cook. I swear he was a Kidd clone...could pass, couldn't shoot well, liked to push the ball...well u can see where he's at now...

So I'm asking, what PG you think resembles Kidd's game? It can be from college or NBA but preferrebly during these times...please don't take it back on a brotha...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yeah, Steve Nash and Kidd are the only two pure point guards that I can think of now...Brevin Knight has been averaging a lot of assists though. He's not much of a big name yet.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
BigThree said:
Yeah, Steve Nash and Kidd are the only two pure point guards that I can think of now...Brevin Knight has been averaging a lot of assists though. He's not much of a big name yet.
AS Brevin Knight will never be a big name

·
Registered
609 Posts
I actually Nash is very unlike kidd in the half court. Nash tends to dribble a lot more, and run around, and then creates. Lots of dribble penetration and dishing. Kidd plays a lot more conservative in that regard. Although Nash runs the fast break like kidd.

Two guys that find open men, always keeping their head up, and have confidence to make good decisions: Jason Williams and Mark Jackson. Williams would not have made this list in Sac-town, but since being traded to memphis, he has lost some flash for more conservative play.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Illinois Point Guard Deron Williams is the one I think most resembles Kidd, not only on the physical side, but the playmaking side. Try to catch a few of the games(their still in it), his speed with the ball is not comparable, but he runs the break and half court like Kidd. But he does shoot the rock a lot better.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Sarunas Jasikivicius, the Lithuanian Olympic PG who the Nets tried to sign over the summer.

From the Jerusalem Post in January:

Spanish sports daily 'Marca' reported in its Friday editions that Sarunas Jasikevicius has come to terms with Barcelona an a five-year deal that will allow the Lithuanian star to finish his career at the Catalonian club. Rumors began circulating this summer that Saras would return to Barcelona once his two-year contract with Maccabi expired and they heated up when it broke that he began building a home in an exclusive neighborhood next to soccer star Ronaldinho.

The paper, which reported the contract to be worth 1.5 million Euros annually, added that the New Jersey Nets tried to sign Saras this summer, but that he has decided not to chase his NBA dream and prefers the security of the Spanish champions.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1105759233184

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetIncome said:
The paper, which reported the contract to be worth 1.5 million Euros annually, added that the New Jersey Nets tried to sign Saras this summer, but that he has decided not to chase his NBA dream and prefers the security of the Spanish champions.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1105759233184
I don't think the Nets were offering that much.

NetIncome, any other info on players the Nets went after or are going after overseas?

With Zoran starting to come around, and Krstic, maybe the Nets would dip into another league again.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I don't think any PG resembles Kidd, really. What he's got on all of them is his strength, which he uses to great advantage all the time. He gets guys on his hip and they can't get off, he bullies other PGs in teh post, and he defends bigger people down low sometime better than our big people do. He's a LB playing PG.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts