Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philadelphia trades: C Dikembe Mutombo (11.5 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 36.3 minutes)
Philadelphia receives: PF Jason Caffey (4.3 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.3 minutes)
SF Glenn Robinson (20.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 35.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +13.5 ppg, -2.4 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

Milwaukee trades: PF Jason Caffey (4.3 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.3 minutes)
SF Glenn Robinson (20.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 35.5 minutes)
Milwaukee receives: C Dikembe Mutombo (11.5 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 80 games)
Change in team outlook: -13.5 ppg, +2.4 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I just made this up but I think it would benefit both teams. The Bucks get the defensive stopper they've always needed in Mutombo. It gives playing time to Tim Thomas and allows Ray Allen to finnaly be the star.

The sixers get the scoring small forward they've always wanted and a second scorer in Glen Robinson. When AI is double teamed he could pass it to Robinson and he would drain them with ease. Caffey is just a throw in. The only problem with this trade is that with the problems Glen Robinson and iverson have had, will they want to take both. I think they this could really help both teams.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i dont see how this helps the sixers. they get a guy with an inflated contract and a guy who is up for firearm charges. taking shots away from iverson isnt gonna make things all better. pretty soon ur gonna suggest we trade all the players who have had run-ins with the law to the sixers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like this trade......Good job ed.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Once again, nice job coming up with the trade, but I don't see it happening. Dan Gadzuric will end up being better than Dikembe Mutombo, and he's ready to start, so why trade for a center? Once Haislip is ready to contribute...Mason will be gone. I firmly believe Mutombo will stay put...unless some team wants to pay the price in getting him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts