Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...if he gets paid accordingly.

According to Chris Sheridan.

Based upon what I am hearing from my sources, I think Phil Jackson is going to be the next coach of the Brooklyn Nets — provided Mikhail Prokhorov ponies up money-wise. If you want to believe in the Kelvin Sampson shenanigans, go ahead.
This would be incredibly invigorating for that team and that city... but what can he really do to turn around this roster?

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
If he can get D Will to play up to par with his abilities, everything else could fall in line. If D WIll plays better the game gets easier for everybody, people accomplish less without trying as hard, and the spike in morale could be a boon to this franchise.

It's such a monumentally important season for the newly donned Brooklyn Nets, it just cannot start out (1st season) as a dud. Bringing in Phil and being a somewhat competitive playoff team would be ideal.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I don't think even Phil can teach these guys to play defense.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm not sure Phil is the guy for this team, but iy would add greatly to his retirement fund, as it would to Larry Brown's.

I still say Nets should hire Rick Mahorn to finish out the season, with the instructions to be as brutal and scary a coach that has ever coached in the NBA.

This team needs a SEVERE shaking up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts