Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
``We're not going into the woods to fight a bear with a switch. That wasn't going to happen out there tonight.'' - Phil Jackson

:confused:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
He's just saying that the Lakers aren't going to have much success against the 76er's (the bear) with only a very thin amount of available Laker talent (the switch).

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
Hmmmm....so i assume he said going into the woods fighting a bear (the 76ers) with a swtich (blade?) (meaning: theres no chance in he** you gonna win that battle)

OT: Bears could get pretty big when they stand up...

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Throught this herb-induced metaphorical mumbo jumbo PJ is just making excuses. The 76ers a bear and Shaq is a switch? Please...

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ghiman</b>!
Hmmmm....so i assume he said going into the woods fighting a bear (the 76ers) with a swtich (blade?)
No, he meant a switch. It is an old term, meaning: a slender flexible whip, rod, or twig <a riding switch>.

Growing up with a willow tree in the back yard, my mom used to warn me that if I didn't straighten up, then I'd have to go and grab a switch from the tree so she could whoop me with it. The warning worked. :grinning: If you've ever had a willow tree, you would know that those small branches are flexible and durable and can leave a nice welt when used as a switch.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sean</b>!
Growing up with a willow tree in the back yard, my mom used to warn me that if I didn't straighten up, then I'd have to go and grab a switch from the tree so she could whoop me with it. The warning worked. :grinning: If you've ever had a willow tree, you would know that those small branches are flexible and durable and can leave a nice welt when used as a switch.
You know my great grandmother used to tell me the same thing, but I'd go out into the backyard, and instead of finding a switch, I'd end up at the basketball court and not come home until it was too late for her to remember what I did.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IV</b>!

You know my great grandmother used to tell me the same thing, but I'd go out into the backyard, and instead of finding a switch, I'd end up at the basketball court and not come home until it was too late for her to remember what I did.
:rotf:

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
Ahhh...thanks for the clarification....:greatjob:

Originally posted by <b>Sean</b>!

No, he meant a switch. It is an old term, meaning: a slender flexible whip, rod, or twig <a riding switch>.

·
Registered
129 Posts
...Growing up with a willow tree in the back yard, my mom used to warn me that if I didn't straighten up, then I'd have to go and grab a switch from the tree so she could whoop me with it....
Wow, I didn't think I had so much in common with a Lakers fan...

Hey, maybe if us Laker-haters would dialogue more with Laker fans, we could learn to understand each other. We could learn tolerance and be more accepting of other people.

...Naaahh!! :D :D

Matt

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mvblair</b>!

Wow, I didn't think I had so much in common with a Lakers fan...

Hey, maybe if us Laker-haters would dialogue more with Laker fans, we could learn to understand each other. We could learn tolerance and be more accepting of other people.

...Naaahh!! :D :D

Matt

We are the world...
We are the children...

:twave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts