Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you start out a ballgame and the first thing they do is call an offensive foul on him for a nonexistent foul, you know the kid doesn't have a chance out there playing. The referees just give him nothing. It's embarrassing."
-- Lakers coach Phil Jackson

This is exactly the type of quote that needs to be attributed to frank or thorn regarding kristic. It is an absolute disgrace the amount of invisible calls that go against him each game. The Nets organization should be ashamed that it doesnt stand up for its players. I challenge anybody (nets fan or otherwise) to state that this isn't the case and that kristic gets his fair share of calls. Such a person would need to be highly sick and delusional

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
LosNetsEn2k6 said:
When you start out a ballgame and the first thing they do is call an offensive foul on him for a nonexistent foul, you know the kid doesn't have a chance out there playing. The referees just give him nothing. It's embarrassing."

This is exactly the type of quote that needs to be attributed to frank or thorn regarding kristic. It is an absolute disgrace the amount of invisible calls that go against him each game. The Nets organization should be ashamed that it doesnt stand up for its players. I challenge anybody (nets fan or otherwise) to state that this isn't the case and that kristic gets his fair share of calls. Such a person would need to be highly sick and delusional
He doesn't always get a fair shake, but at the same time he needs to calm himself as he's very aggressive on D. Think the blocks this year so far says that.

Wonder if Jackson will get fouled like Frank did.

Be interesting to watch.

-Petey

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
LosNetsEn2k6 said:

I wouldn't say all the calls are invisible. I would say that Krstic does get called for some stupid ticky tack fouls that an Alonzo Mourning or Tim Duncan would not get called for. So no he doesn't get his fair share.

Why so harsh with the highly sick or delusional comment? No need to get too upset.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Netted- said:
I wouldn't say all the calls are invisible. I would say that Krstic does get called for some stupid ticky tack fouls that an Alonzo Mourning or Tim Duncan would not get called for. So no he doesn't get his fair share.

Why so harsh with the highly sick or delusional comment? No need to get too upset.

He definetly commits several real fouls every game. But he also gets called on several invisible or ticky/tack fouls a game while the opposing big men are allowed to be excessively physical with him. These arent just veterans like Zo but young players like T. Chandler and a rookie in Bogut. The Nets cannot compete for a title if their best big man continues to get the short end of the stick night in and night out

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Netted- said:

Maybe you took it as harsh because hes right...and its more than frustrating that not one person on this board notices that Krstic is constantly getting hacked with no call due to lack of respect from the blatently corrupt officials.

Seems like mostly all posters here can do is compalin that the teams not good enough for them and post trade scenario, after trade scenario.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
Maybe you took it as harsh because hes right...and its more than frustrating that not one person on this board notices that Krstic is constantly getting hacked with no call due to lack of respect from the blatently corrupt officials.

Seems like mostly all posters here can do is compalin that the teams not good enough for them and post trade scenario, after trade scenario.
What??? Not one person on this board? I've read complaints about Nenad not getting support from the refs.

Krstic's average free throw attempts have gone up from 3.4 to 6.4 this season. He gets calls when he is shooting. This is more about defensive calls.

I guess it probably is a better use of board space to discuss conspiracy theories regarding referees than it is to mention trade possibilities. I know I'll try to do better. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Netted- said:
What??? Not one person on this board? I've read complaints about Nenad not getting support from the refs.

Krstic's average free throw attempts have gone up from 3.4 to 6.4 this season. He gets calls when he is shooting. This is more about defensive calls.

I guess it probably is a better use of board space to discuss conspiracy theories regarding referees than it is to mention trade possibilities. I know I'll try to do better. :rolleyes:

Funny, I have never seen anyone on this board notice what losnetsen2k6 brought up. Maybe you have

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Netted- said:

What terrible logic! Just because his free throw attempts have gone up doesn't mean he is getting all the calls he should on offense. It is amazing how you would not understand how the refs are stunting his growth as a player and the nets growth as a team.

Kristic is already one of the better big men in this league at both ends of the floor. Most of you are incapable of noticing something that isnt pounded into your head from 50 different sources.Since nobody has stated it, and it goes against conventional wisdom about european players, kristic cannot possibly be a good defender.

The lack of response in this thread is appalling and shows the boards general lack of respect for kristic and what he is accomplishing despite the disgraceful officiating

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
LosNetsEn2k6 said:
What terrible logic! Just because his free throw attempts have gone up doesn't mean he is getting all the calls he should on offense. It is amazing how you would not understand how the refs are stunting his growth as a player and the nets growth as a team.
I didn't say it was a measure of absolute respect. It just means he is getting calls on the offensive end. The problem is not that he isn't getting to the line, it's that he is getting calls against him on the defensive end or on loose ball fouls. He did some dumb things that got called against him last night. And like I said they are calling somethings against him that they would not call on a Duncan or Garnett , which was evident in the Miami game. Part of the problem is Nenad's and not the officials. Everyone in the game has some calls go against them, but Nenad is good for 1 or 2 fouls per game that make you scratch your head and say what are you thinking. The kind where he swipes at the ball in a defenders hand after a missed shot. It's frustration on his part.

I'm not saying Nenad is getting a completely fair shake, but I don't think it's a conspiracy theory either. He has some things to correct as well.

LosNetsEn2k6 said:
Kristic is already one of the better big men in this league at both ends of the floor. Most of you are incapable of noticing something that isnt pounded into your head from 50 different sources.Since nobody has stated it, and it goes against conventional wisdom about european players, kristic cannot possibly be a good defender.

The lack of response in this thread is appalling and shows the boards general lack of respect for kristic and what he is accomplishing despite the disgraceful officiating
You act like people on here don't like Nenad. You think you are his lone supporter? I would say 99% of this board really like Nenad and consider him a future all-star.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Netted- said:
I didn't say it was a measure of absolute respect. It just means he is getting calls on the offensive end. The problem is not that he isn't getting to the line, it's that he is getting calls against him on the defensive end or on loose ball fouls. He did some dumb things that got called against him last night. And like I said they are calling somethings against him that they would not call on a Duncan or Garnett , which was evident in the Miami game. Part of the problem is Nenad's and not the officials. Everyone in the game has some calls go against them, but Nenad is good for 1 or 2 fouls per game that make you scratch your head and say what are you thinking. The kind where he swipes at the ball in a defenders hand after a missed shot. It's frustration on his part.

I'm not saying Nenad is getting a completely fair shake, but I don't think it's a conspiracy theory either. He has some things to correct as well.

You act like people on here don't like Nenad. You think you are his lone supporter? I would say 99% of this board really like Nenad and consider him a future all-star.
Think Vinsane is the 1%.

-Petey

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ratner needs to open his wallet a little more, and tell Frank if he picks his spots to make comments he'll pay the fines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts