Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cavs should offer him the GM job if that will get him to coach.
And pay him all the money he wants.
if there's one coach who could make some of these scrubs into something, and who would know what kind of role players to put around Lebron--it would be Phil.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,840 Posts
The last rumor I heard going around was Riley!?!!! The rumor mill has him joining as coach but not GM after this season with the Heat.

Supposedly Randy Pfund (Miami), BJ armstrong are two of the stronger candidates for GM.

This all might be internet hogwash but it's some of the stuff that's going around
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Riley would be a good pickup too.
BJ Armstrong is a very strong GM candidate. I thought the Bulls should have hired him instead of Paxson. He's an excellent scout. He knows his ****.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,080 Posts
I don't see Riley leaving what he has going on in Miami. BJ would be a good fit at GM. Maybe Flip Saunders or Phil at coach. I am one of the Detroit fans hoping your new owner doesn't steal Bil Lamb from us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,917 Posts
kamego said:
I don't see Riley leaving what he has going on in Miami. BJ would be a good fit at GM. Maybe Flip Saunders or Phil at coach. I am one of the Detroit fans hoping your new owner doesn't steal Bil Lamb from us.
IF PJ is really interested in removing the "*" from his career, denoting that he has never REALLY coached a team, that he always had the 1-2 super star punch.

THIS would be the team because he does have ONE star and would not be expected to win immediately, but to put the right players in place. The only thing that concerns me about him is that "triangle" thing. If that is the only way he knows to coach, maybe he shouldn't even consider this team, but I don't thing that style will benefit LeBron and what he can do for a team.

But ... it is a good opportunity for PJ.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
futuristxen said:
The Cavs should offer him the GM job if that will get him to coach.
And pay him all the money he wants.
if there's one coach who could make some of these scrubs into something, and who would know what kind of role players to put around Lebron--it would be Phil.
I wouldnt want to coach James as well. The guy doesnt have any effectiveness if he doesnt have the ball in his hands. lol at James.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
There's also rumors of Greg "Screamin A. Smith's ***** boy" Anthony taking over as GM, and Jackson or Sanders as the coach. That'd be even worse than Paxson. Anthony was a player, and a decent one, but, a GM? He hasn't even coached.

He's not worth it. At all.

As far as Phil, I really don't think Cleveland would be attractive to him. It's a cold weather town, and he's somewhat progressive. He'd be much more at home on the West Coast, or in NY, than he would be in Cleveland.
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John said:
I wouldnt want to coach James as well. The guy doesnt have any effectiveness if he doesnt have the ball in his hands. lol at James.
A hall of fame coach sees potential and rises to the challenge of crafting it to greatness.

You are a scrub level coach. I wouldn't want you to coach James. You don't understand his strengths and weaknesses.

"Don't run the pick and roll Lebron! It's a sign of weakness!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,117 Posts
John said:
I wouldnt want to coach James as well. The guy doesnt have any effectiveness if he doesnt have the ball in his hands. lol at James.
How could I respond top that....OH I know!

LOL

If Penny's game is what you call effective, then James certainly is the least effective player in the league, along with Garnett and Duncan.

Go back to squeezing lemons, you ain't worth much more.
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,161 Posts
Phil will only coach the Knicks or Lakers before he retires, unless something very weird happens.
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EHL said:
Phil will only coach the Knicks or Lakers before he retires, unless something very weird happens.
That's absurd. Both of those teams suck and have little present room to upgrade. At least with the Cavs he could bring in more guys and make over the team. And I still don't understand why Phil goes back to coach the Lakers after everything that happened. I think Phil is just ****ing with Laker management to get back at them.
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,161 Posts
futuristxen said:
That's absurd. Both of those teams suck and have little present room to upgrade. At least with the Cavs he could bring in more guys and make over the team. And I still don't understand why Phil goes back to coach the Lakers after everything that happened. I think Phil is just ****ing with Laker management to get back at them.
I'll bump this then. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,531 Posts
What is it about BJ Armstrong or Anthony that makes people think they'd be good GM's? I'm being serious. I'm not saying they wouldn't be, but what is it you see in them or know about them that makes you think they'd be good in that role? Convince me as best as you can.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,840 Posts
From what I heard BJ armstrong was through of pretty highly in the Bulls organization. There was some surprise that he got passed over by Paxson

I have no idea why anybody thinks Greg Anthony would be good. Atleast Armstrong has been working in the front office for awhile
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top