Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

141 - 160 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where is the JUICE? This is the frogs list? Jesus Christ, the lily pad is about to go under.

I pray they hire Jameer, that would be a disaster..........

Next Top Frog?
Jameer Nelson - No HC experiance, I hope he get the job
Billy Lange - #winner
Matt Langel - Can the food marketers market tooth paste?
JTIII - Hire his dad
Matt Brady - Retread
Wes Miller - a head coach with a winning record, frogs will pass
Ryan Ayers - wont even comment

In Jill you trust? Frog Fans there must be another list....right?

Viva le frogs

Guster

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I've heard nothing to the contrary that the death of this program isn't going to happen definitively.

If it's the guy I expect then it'll be worse than keeping Phil. At least that was a slow death. This will be much quicker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sjfrog13, I wish I could say I feel bad for you and your unreasonable fan base. Billy Lange will be your next coach and that will be a disaster. Lucky for you it will be better then if Jameer was hired, that would have been a total disaster.

I have no idea why a frog fan would want Jameer as the HC, but your fan base is Delusional.

As a frog fan 13, what is your expectation of the next HC, how many times should he or she reach the NCAA's in a ten year span?

Viva le Frogs

Guster

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I've heard nothing to the contrary that the death of this program isn't going to happen definitively.

If it's the guy I expect then it'll be worse than keeping Phil. At least that was a slow death. This will be much quicker.
Well, hawk, at least there's this:

"According to sources, Indiana assistant Bruiser Flint, a Hawks alum, is not in any talks with St. Joe’s..."

https://www.philly.com/college-sports/st-joes/st-joes-coach-search-billy-lange-jameer-nelson-phil-martelli-ncaa-basketball-20190326.html

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #148

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
sjfrog13, I wish I could say I feel bad for you and your unreasonable fan base. Billy Lange will be your next coach and that will be a disaster. Lucky for you it will be better then if Jameer was hired, that would have been a total disaster.

I have no idea why a frog fan would want Jameer as the HC, but your fan base is Delusional.

As a frog fan 13, what is your expectation of the next HC, how many times should he or she reach the NCAA's in a ten year span?

Viva le Frogs

Guster
Guster you got your shots in already, and the two SJU posters on this forum aren’t taking the bait. Can you stop the BS?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I would like someone to explain to me how exactly a disaster works versus a total disaster. I assume the former is a partial disaster?

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I would like someone to explain to me how exactly a disaster works versus a total disaster. I assume the former is a partial disaster?
Maybe it is like we refer to things at Fordham.

Is he Bob Hill bad or Tom Pecora bad?

Bob Hill's best year was an exciting one despite being .483.

Pecora's best year was .345 and aside from two games it was not very exciting.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm not sure he's worse than the actual choice that's going to be made.
I kind of agree with that. Bruiser would likely be more of what you just got rid of. He wouldn't get you to a higher level, but he probably doesn't crash the program onto the rocks either.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I kind of agree with that. Bruiser would likely be more of what you just got rid of. He wouldn't get you to a higher level, but he probably doesn't crash the program onto the rocks either.
Right. I think with Phil we were in a nosedive as a program. With Bruiser it would be the same way. With the guy we're about to hire, it's a nose dive and electing total destruction on a quicker timeline. Fun!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
SJU fired a lifer and a human college basketball brand for... Billy Lange? I figured they must’ve had a grand slam hire lined up when they ditched Phil. This is confounding.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
SJU fired a lifer and a human college basketball brand for... Billy Lange? I figured they must’ve had a grand slam hire lined up when they ditched Phil. This is confounding.
Lots of other names were in the mix. Picking this guy seems like the worst choice of a lot of choices.

141 - 160 of 226 Posts