Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 180 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
SJU fired a lifer and a human college basketball brand jfor... Billy Lange? I figured they must’ve had a grand slam hire lined up when they ditched Phil. This is confounding.
This is very similar to UD’s firing of Don Donoher. Hopefully it turns out better.

UD hired Jim O’Brien who won 46% of his games as HC at Wheeling Jesuit and after an NCAA appearance with Donoher’s players proceeded to go 39 and 77 at UD. Incidentally O’Brien is Jack Ramsey’s son-in-law and SJU letterman. This SJHawk, was a near total disaster.

I was close to sjhawk’s age at the time. He has time to wait another 25 years for an Archie Miller to come in a win a few games.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
This is very similar to UD’s firing of Don Donoher. Hopefully it turns out better.

UD hired Jim O’Brien who won 46% of his games as HC at Wheeling Jesuit and after an NCAA appearance with Donoher’s players proceeded to go 39 and 77 at UD. Incidentally O’Brien is Jack Ramsey’s son-in-law and SJU letterman. This SJHawk, was a near total disaster.

I was close to sjhawk’s age at the time. He has time to wait another 25 years for an Archie Miller to come in a win a few games.
Hilariously, want to guess who the guy is who's pushing for Lange to get the job?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts

Hilariously, want to guess who the guy is who's pushing for Lange to get the job?
If it’s Ramsey, he was an influencer when O’Brien was hired. I recall that was a big deal at the time

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #168

If it’s Ramsey, he was an influencer when O’Brien was hired. I recall that was a big deal at the time
Jack Ramsey is dead, so no.

The guy pushing Lange is O'Brien himself.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I guess I should have known that Dr. Jack passed. I have such bad memories from the O’Brien tenure at UD that I can’t be optimistic about anything that he is associated with. He seemed to be a good guy, but I remember the Flyer’s not being able to in bounds the ball in their own court.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
I guess I should have known that Dr. Jack passed. I have such bad memories from the O’Brien tenure at UD that I can’t be optimistic about anything that he is associated with. He seemed to be a good guy, but I remember the Flyer’s not being able to in bounds the ball in their own court.
I'm pretty sure you wrote in the thread I made here when Dr. Jack died.

161 - 180 of 226 Posts