Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Wrong About Everything
13,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) - One day after dealing a blow to the Philadelphia 76ers' playoff hopes, the New Jersey Nets hope to do it again in a different sense when the teams square off Wednesday.

The Nets dropped a 104-101 decision to the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday despite 43 points from Vince Carter and 22 from Richard Jefferson. New Jersey, which has dropped two of three since an NBA season-high 14-game winning streak, trails Miami by 3 1/2 games for the second seed in the Eastern Conference.

Meanwhile, Chicago moved into a tie with Philadelphia for the eighth and final spot in the East, and the Bulls hold the tiebreaker by virtue of a superior conference record. Both teams have five games remaining.

The 76ers are coming off Monday's 105-97 triumph over Washington - the team's second straight win without second-leading scorer Chris Webber, who is listed as day-to-day with a lower-back strain.

Allen Iverson paced Philadelphia with 26 points and 15 assists, but the Sixers ultimately won behind the play of Steven Hunter and Kyle Korver, who scored 20 points apiece.

The teams have split a pair of meetings this season, but have not met since January 18.
LINK

· Your Fav. Personal Demon
4,148 Posts
sliccat said:
This game is pretty much over... they're up about 30 with about 6 left. I'm shocked.

In related news, Chicago and Indiana won, and Milwaukee is up ten in the 3rd.

Nets didn't even attempt to look like they were trying. Hopefully that will carry over to the next matchup.

· Registered
490 Posts
is this mean something?i mean i didnt saw the game but or sixers was giving an impressive show of bbal and the nets making the worst or nets giving a help??doesnt seem like that!
also if we would ever make the 6th sheed this year we could have hopes of getting the next playoffs round.

· Your Fav. Personal Demon
4,148 Posts
Bruno said:
is this mean something?i mean i didnt saw the game but or sixers was giving an impressive show of bbal and the nets making the worst or nets giving a help??doesnt seem like that!
also if we would ever make the 6th sheed this year we could have hopes of getting the next playoffs round.
Huh? Um I'm not sure i read that corectly but if your asking whether or not we were impressive the answer is yes and no. Its difficult to tell as the nets didn't actually come to play. They were there as a formality. They already secured the 3 spot so they played very carefree basketball. It was a farcry from the hot team of a few weeks ago. The starters got very limited mins and they played worse D then the Sixers have this whole season. That being said the sixers looked like they were firing on all cylanders. The O was flowing but its difficult to make out whether it was a result of good ball or a lackluster performence by the opponent. Our chances to get the 6 spot are really low. If teams continue to lay down for the opposition like the nets have all of the teams in the playoff race will end with a small amount of final stretch loses. We have the toughest scheduel of the group and dont own any of the tie breakers. Basically we're ****ed in terms of making the playoffs in any type of respectible position but at least its makes for an interesting and intense final week of the season.

· Registered
659 Posts
RedsDrunk said:
Huh? Um I'm not sure i read that corectly but if your asking whether or not we were impressive the answer is yes and no. Its difficult to tell as the nets didn't actually come to play. They were there as a formality. They already secured the 3 spot so they played very carefree basketball. It was a farcry from the hot team of a few weeks ago. The starters got very limited D and they played worse D then the Sixers have this whole season. That being said the sixers looked like they were firing on all cylanders. The O was flowing but its difficult to make out whether it was a result of good ball or a lackluster performence by the opponent. Our chances to get the 6 spot are really low. If teams continue to lay down for the opposition like the nets have all of the teams in the playoff race will end with a small amount of final stretch loses. We have the toughest scheduel of the group and dont own any of the tie breakers. Basically we're ****ed in terms of making the playoffs in any type of respectible position but at least its makes for an interesting and intense final week of the season.

TRUE statement!!!!!!....whats up Red

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.