Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/11233861.htm

Marshall didn't want to tip his free-agent hand last night before the Raptors faced the Sixers at the Wachovia Center. But he left no doubt about his affinity for his hometown team.

"I love coming back here," Marshall said. "I grew up watching this team, idolizing this team."...

Early in my career, I used to always say I didn't want to come back here because I didn't really know how to deal with family," Marshall said, adding that he thought it was better to be away "and come back for one game and deal with it."

Now he has a different mind-set.

"I will be in my 12th year next year and I know how to deal with it now," Marshall said.
Marshall sure is trying to get his name out there these days.

Before the Feb. 24 trade deadline, it was no secret that the Sixers were trying to acquire Marshall.

"We were in deep, deep conversation with Toronto about him," said Billy King, the Sixers' president and general manager.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Well surely there were some talks between the two teams before the trade deadline, but it's obvious Philly didn't want to give up anything that we wanted.
I wouldn't have wanted Williamson or Skinner anyways.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I would have taken Skinner plus a pick or young player like Salmons/Greene.

Greatly improve our interior D and offensive rebounding. Good mentor for Hoffa.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
lucky777s said:
I would have taken Skinner plus a pick or young player like Salmons/Greene.

Greatly improve our interior D and offensive rebounding. Good mentor for Hoffa.
:yes:

When the Philly rumours came up before the deadline I was holding out for a Marshall for Skinner + Green deal or something of that kin.

Oh well. I hope you know what you are doing Babs. You better not resign Marshall. Spend that money on Bonner and Sow. Get E-Will the eff outta here for something of use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts