Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the situation when the Sixer's played the Nets(if you want to say the sixers actually played) was very wierd.

Iverson, who NEVER sits out and is one of the leagues toughest players sat out and will sit out tonight at Toronto with a injured finger on his non-shooting hand.

Now, I heard that Randy Ayers is now on the hotseat, following the recent firings of other eastern teams. Has anyone heard that Iverson for a fact is unhappy with coach Ayers?

Glenn Robinson was also benched the entire fourth quarter I believe, even after playing his best basketball of the season the last couple of weeks.

Is something about to go down in Philly?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
You gotta think something. This team is way underachieving now. If Byron Scott can get fired, then Randy Ayers has to be on the hot seat.

Their could be a lot happening in Philly. If this team is going to slump out of the playoff picture, then what does management do? This is a team built for now. Not the future. A lot of overpaid guys on that squad, and only a few tradable commodities.

Earlier in the seaon I thought it would be impossible for Iverson to get dealt. But I could see a situation occur where both sides agree that it's in the best interest of both of them to part ways. Iverson to a better situation to win now. And Philly towards rebuilding(which will be a long and painful process).

I wonder if there are any western teams out there looking for something to put themselves over the top and differentiate themselves from the pack? Memphis is loaded with young talent at every position. Does Jerry West pull the trigger on a deal to bring Iverson to the Grizzlies? I'm just speculating but even, a team like the Clippers. That's always been a deal in the back of everyone's mind. What about Q and Draft picks and filler to field a team of Iverson, Maggette, Jaric, and Brand?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well

I believe that the real problem really is the management. For years Billy King has been criticized and made some of the worst acquisitions you could ever imagine.

King's resigning of players is a joke also. I mean, today the sixers re-signed ERIC SNOW for 4 years. COME ON. Why 4 years? Nobody wants him anyway. He can't shoot, and has bad handle.
They also resigned Kenny Thomas, which was a plus. But 7/mil a year? PLEASE.

The problem is basically that the management had stacked and overpaid players even from the Finals trip, and after they lost the team just flopped. That was the time for those players, because they were in their Prime. Players like Snow, Mckie, are just sucking money from the franchise. Mckie cannot produce. He is overpaid. The franchise is trying to make this team something it is not.

The sixers need to obviously keep Iverson, and keep Glenn Robinson. Re-sign Dalembert, Korver and Thomas(which they did). Next, attempt to acquire a point gaurd in the off-season, and work on another low post player. Coleman has been injured and nobody knows what will happen following this season.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NOOOO

Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
You gotta think something. This team is way underachieving now. If Byron Scott can get fired, then Randy Ayers has to be on the hot seat.

Their could be a lot happening in Philly. If this team is going to slump out of the playoff picture, then what does management do? This is a team built for now. Not the future. A lot of overpaid guys on that squad, and only a few tradable commodities.

Earlier in the seaon I thought it would be impossible for Iverson to get dealt. But I could see a situation occur where both sides agree that it's in the best interest of both of them to part ways. Iverson to a better situation to win now. And Philly towards rebuilding(which will be a long and painful process).

I wonder if there are any western teams out there looking for something to put themselves over the top and differentiate themselves from the pack? Memphis is loaded with young talent at every position. Does Jerry West pull the trigger on a deal to bring Iverson to the Grizzlies? I'm just speculating but even, a team like the Clippers. That's always been a deal in the back of everyone's mind. What about Q and Draft picks and filler to field a team of Iverson, Maggette, Jaric, and Brand?
Sorry dude, I have to disagree with the Iverson part. He built this franchise. You can't get rid of him.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Re: NOOOO

Originally posted by <b>TheTruth34</b>!

Sorry dude, I have to disagree with the Iverson part. He built this franchise. You can't get rid of him.
I agree that they shouldn't. But as you said, the problem is philly managment. And for some reason I can see them dealing Iverson and go into rebuilding mode.

It's not like there isn't a precedence, like when they delt Barkley.

I agree that the problems are there because Larry Brown is a dumbass GM. And Billy King isn't much better, if at all.

You can just run down the roster. Pretty much everyone is overpaid on the team except for Iverson and the young guys.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
they may be overpaid but they do have the most talented team in East along with hornets
i think Billy King is one of the 5 best GMs in the league
the problem is Randy Ayers and the fact that Iverson hasnt played much this year and has played hurt all year
they should hire Jim O'Brien
he handled Pierce well
and he along with Dick Harter with Eric Snow, AI, McKie, Buckner, Salmons on the perimeter and with Dalembert inside

Dam! thats a definsive juggernaut

he can have the same type of impact as rick carlisle did on the pacers

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fjkdsi</b>!
they may be overpaid but they do have the most talented team in East along with hornets
i think Billy King is one of the 5 best GMs in the league
the problem is Randy Ayers and the fact that Iverson hasnt played much this year and has played hurt all year
they should hire Jim O'Brien
he handled Pierce well
and he along with Dick Harter with Eric Snow, AI, McKie, Buckner, Salmons on the perimeter and with Dalembert inside

Dam! thats a definsive juggernaut

he can have the same type of impact as rick carlisle did on the pacers
As a Philadelphia sports fan, and an admitted homer, I have to wonder what you're talking about. The team isn't more talented than Indiana, New Orleans, or Detroit. Billy King is top five GMs only if you remove the other 28 GMs from the league.

I'm just hoping you were being sarcastic, because looking at the roster, looking at the front office, looking at the sidelines, this team is in bad shape in everyway.

-Tim

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
agreed

Originally posted by <b>PhillyPhanatic</b>!

As a Philadelphia sports fan, and an admitted homer, I have to wonder what you're talking about. The team isn't more talented than Indiana, New Orleans, or Detroit. Billy King is top five GMs only if you remove the other 28 GMs from the league.

I'm just hoping you were being sarcastic, because looking at the roster, looking at the front office, looking at the sidelines, this team is in bad shape in everyway.

-Tim
Agreed.

I think the overall sixers team is one of the worst in the league.

I mean its Iverson, Robinson, Coleman(when Plays) Marc Jackson... and uh...
uh....
uh..
still thinking..
Ill get back to you there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts