Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PHX Blackout: Blinding the Suns

One of the most gratifying aspects of the NETS' recent victory over the Suns is that they followed my Scouting Report Thread to a 'T' and played Holzman era Knicks' basketball. They were unselfish, passed to the open man for easy shots and created for one another. Most critically, the NETS' defense keyed their offense.

For the record, PHX has always been an easy team to conquer. They play a simple full-court game and porous defense. The offense runs through Nash and when ... taller PGs defend him ... he goes blind. Everything falls apart quickly thereafter.

The most remarkable aspect of the Suns' brownout was the final box for League MVP Steve Nash. "Zero points and five assists." Reserve Zoran Planinic had a better box and more assists (7). This sums up the game for the NETS. Nash couldn't see over Jason Kidd and Zoran Planinic. A total eclipse of the Sun!



P.S., Of course, it was a total team effort. No question the starters shined. Everything from RJ's stiletto job to VC's power dunks. Kidd was the MVP orchestrating. As for the reserves, memorable was the beautiful form of Cliffy on his treys; Planinic's keying the O and respectable D; and even Vaughn's spot duty. Honorable mention to T'wan, Scott and Boki. Nothing like a little time to boost the C.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,515 Posts
Kidd did an amazing job against Nash..but as other NETS fans say: "GIVE PROPS TO FRANK!" :biggrin:
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Deleted due to I got the image to go in my earlier message.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ravor44 said:
Kidd did an amazing job against Nash..but as other NETS fans say: "GIVE PROPS TO FRANK!" :biggrin:
Listen, I already started a thread about giving some love to Coach Frank. But, you know, all these accolades to the team, its stars and coach is premature.

Let them keep this up for a season or two. Then they'll deserve some of it. A nine game winning streak is nice, but nothing to get too excited about.

If they run the table for the rest of the season and bring home the crown, I'll get interested. For the time being, let's keep everything on an even keel and keep the team humble.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,647 Posts
Re: PHX Blackout: Blinding the Suns

NBASCOUT2005 said:
One of the most gratifying aspects of the NETS' recent victory over the Suns is that they followed my Scouting Report Thread to a 'T' and played Holzman era Knicks' basketball. They were unselfish, passed to the open man for easy shots and created for one another. Most critically, the NETS' defense keyed their offense.
Dang, play unselfishly? Feed off your defense? Where do you get these crazy, advanced basketball strategies? You truly are a visionary.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,647 Posts
Re: PHX Blackout: Blinding the Suns

NBASCOUT2005 said:
The most remarkable aspect of the Suns' brownout was the final box for League MVP Steve Nash. "Zero points and five assists." Reserve Zoran Planinic had a better box and more assists (7). This sums up the game for the NETS. Nash couldn't see over Jason Kidd and Zoran Planinic. A total eclipse of the Sun!
Yes, because Zoran really guarded Steve Nash. And because Steve Nash is such a small point guard. And because no other teams in the league have attempted to play Steve Nash with large guards.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: PHX Blackout: Blinding the Suns

7M3 said:
Dang, play unselfishly? Feed off your defense? Where do you get these crazy, advanced basketball strategies? You truly are a visionary.
"The Zen Of Hoops." Thank you!
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: PHX Blackout: Blinding the Suns

7M3 said:
Yes, because Zoran really guarded Steve Nash. And because Steve Nash is such a small point guard. And because no other teams in the league have attempted to play Steve Nash with large guards.
Other teams that've done a good job of it with larger PGs that are as quick, or quicker, have beaten PHX. NJN, did the best job, though. It's owing to the size, quickness and defensive skill of their point guards.

It's not only because of Zoran. You'll note I first mentioned Jason. The point was that with big PGs like Jason and Zoran, League MVP Steve Nash experienced a total eclipse of the Sun.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top