Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Phx suns could logically end up with 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!!

iF THE cAVS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS (WHICH THEY ARE ONLY 2 1/2 GAMES OUT OF THE the final spot in the east, the suns could have 2 lottery and 1 pick in 14-15 range.

The bobcats should work out a deal with the suns that looks like this:

The suns don't want White on their roster, and at 28 he can still make a splash as their starting center. Rumor has it the the Suns will offer White 3 mill in cash, and a 1st round pick for them to take white......

but this is my idea:

The suns (assuming they don't trade picks away before this point) offers the bobcats

White (Expansion draft)
both lottery picks ( and Cavs pick if they have it)
3 million in cash and possibly howard Eisley

The bobcats in return send the #4 pick to the suns:

This gives the Bobcats options... because they can wave white or Eisley if they don't like them after they draft them and it doesn't count against their cap. PLUS.. they will potentially get 3 picks in the top 15!!!!

with the #4 pick your not going to find a superstar and with 3 picks in the top 15 you are going to get a formibble team of core players that can work together, and become Great

The suns do this for Cap-room and a shot at Pavel or another decent pick to add to their core!

What do ya'll think

·
Pat Burke's Hair Tonic
513 Posts
no.
presumably the suns will have a mid-high lotto pick (like between 8-5) I dont see why they would trade essentially 4 people (2 picks, 2 players) for a draft pick that is maybe just one spot higher. not that extreme, man. Suns would be getting virtually nothing back. total rapeage.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres what Im thinking

Call me crazy, but I still feel like the suns can make the playoffs, they are 9 games back, but if you look at the schedule, and Amare coming back, I just feel like they have a shot, and that is a problem becasuse if they dont, and end up with the 11 or 12th pick, plus the 16 form New york and possible 15 from Cavs, and we can rid ourselves of Eisley and White, AND get the #4 pick..... I think I would do that, and worst case scernerio, we don't sign a big time free agent, we wait untill next summer where a WHOLE crap load of free agents are coming out, and we sign evern more then... this is just my thinking, and I agree if we end up with a top 8 pick, we keep it and work with giving away the mid teen pick as well!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts