Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone see the game tonight?

it was one of the best games i have ever seen in my life..

peirce hits back to back shots including clutch threes... mcgrady has an answer for them..

in the end t-mac just takes over by hitting big shots and getting his men tha ball..

good night.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Oh but I thought Tmac wasnt clutch? :laugh:

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I love Pierce in the clutch. Great clutch performance for T-Mac also.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mann.. the fans were loving t-mac's clutchness and gooden's as well... I was surprised when gooden hit the 3.. its not like he hasn't hit one before but still..it bounced on the rim and went back around..

I was just wondering why peirce didn't greet mcgrady at the end of the game like he does with a.i. same with tmac greeting lebron,a.i. etc.

doesn't really matter but it was a very nice game..

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Pierce sucked. He bricked 20 shots last night including a number of airballs. Airball Paul.

McGrady, meanwhile, was helped by the fact that the refs called three ridiculous fouls on Jiri Welsch-- all should have been non calls-- at the beginning of the game. With Welsch in foul trouble, the Celtics were forced to put Ricky Davis on McGrady for significant stretches of the game. That's when TMac lit it up.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
I severely doubt Jirii Welsch would have slowed down Tracy McGrady.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
I severely doubt Jirii Welsch would have slowed down Tracy McGrady.
Welsch did in fact slow down McGrady. Jiri is a great defender. You obviously did not see the game. But even Jiri cannot slow TMac down from the bench.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

Welsch did in fact slow down McGrady. Jiri is a great defender. You obviously did not see the game. But even Jiri cannot slow TMac down from the bench.
He slowed him down? He ended up with 42 points. Nobody, except maybe Artest and/or KG, can slow down Tmac by themselves.

You are obviously a little irrational though, calling for Paul Pierce's head because he has had a few bad games. Get a clue, the guy is one of the best players in the league and one of the most clutch players in the game.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I don't want Pierece's head. I just think he would be a great fit in Portland or Milwaukee.
Well, saying Pierce sucks is completely unreasonable.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

Well, saying Pierce sucks is completely unreasonable.
He did suck. He was 7-26 from the floor with 5 turnovers and 5 fouls. He was 2 for 10 from beyoind the arc.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts

I didn't see that game. I've seen Jirii Welsch, though, and he's not a great defender.

I notice Jirii Welsch didn't foul out. So why wasn't he shutting down McGrady in the final minutes of the game, or in the overtime? Saving his "great defense" for next game?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

I didn't see that game. I've seen Jirii Welsch, though, and he's not a great defender.

I notice Jirii Welsch didn't foul out. So why wasn't he shutting down McGrady in the final minutes of the game, or in the overtime? Saving his "great defense" for next game?
Because O'Brien put Pierce on McGrady instead. Big mistake.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts

Because O'Brien put Pierce on McGrady instead. Big mistake.
Fine. So we have you saying Welsch can shut down McGrady (or limit him) and O'Brien disagreeing.

I'll go with O'Brien. There's no way O'Brien doesn't put Welsch on McGrady if he thinks it would slow him down to finish the game.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

Fine. So we have you saying Welsch can shut down McGrady (or limit him) and O'Brien disagreeing.

I'll go with O'Brien. There's no way O'Brien doesn't put Welsch on McGrady if he thinks it would slow him down to finish the game.
No one can shut down McGrady when he's in the zone. But if you had watched the game, you would have seen that Welsch made him work for everything he got, and when Welsch was on TMac, they were going to Gooden for their offense.

And yes, Welsch is a great defender. He's right up there with guys like Bowen, Lynch and Posey. And Welsch is only 23 years old.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys are sad. Pierce has hurt his hand in the game before the one magic played..

how can u complain about his shot when he is playing inujured?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>courtside</b>!
You guys are sad. Pierce has hurt his hand in the game before the one magic played..

how can u complain about his shot when he is playing inujured?
Because he took 26 of them and missed 20. I mean, some players, when their shot isn't falling, say to themselves, "Gee whiz, my shot isn't falling. Maybe I should concentrate on defense and rebounding this evening and try to set up my teammates-- do other things to win the game."

But not Airball Paul. He just kept shooting and shooting and shooting-- including 10 from beyond the arc. The more he missed, the more he shot. He was in some mano a mano thing with TMac-- and he lost. And so did the team.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

Because he took 26 of them and missed 20. I mean, some players, when their shot isn't falling, say to themselves, "Gee whiz, my shot isn't falling. Maybe I should concentrate on defense and rebounding this evening and try to set up my teammates-- do other things to win the game."

But not Airball Paul. He just kept shooting and shooting and shooting-- including 10 from beyond the arc. The more he missed, the more he shot. He was in some mano a mano thing with TMac-- and he lost. And so did the team.
He made some big shots in the 4th leading to that game going to overtime and Celts having a shot at winning. So I guess by your theory, he shouldnt have taken those shots? Glad your not a coach.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts