Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Boston Globe today on 30/1/2004:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2004/01/30/unstable_or_right_on_track/

"I saw [the resignation] coming a long time ago when they started breaking up the team," said Eric Williams, who was traded to Cleveland Dec. 15. "I can understand how Jim O'Brien felt. It felt like there were two coaches out there. I knew who my coach was. The guys that Jim O'Brien had [been with the longest] were isolated. The guys that Danny brought in, he talked basketball a lot with those guys.It seemed like there were two different teams I feel sorry about the whole situation. Everything we built and everything we were striving for is coming down. It's like they were taking bricks out of the foundation one by one. Then, the whole house collapsed."

Veterans like Paul Pierce and Mark Blount ... are frustrated by the rapid succession of changes brought on by Ainge.

"The East is down this year and we're trying to develop as a young team, which is fine with me," said Pierce

BUT IS IT FINE WITH AINGE?

DONT THINK SO...PIERCE ON THE WAY OUT!

FOR THE FUTURE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
O'Brien says....

"I think they have the right guy to lead them."

refering to Ainge. Even the coach who left the team sees good things in the future so why is our Forum so negative again?


Its called rebuilding get used to it!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LUMPI-44</b>!
In the Boston Globe today on 30/1/2004:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2004/01/30/unstable_or_right_on_track/

"I saw [the resignation] coming a long time ago when they started breaking up the team," said Eric Williams, who was traded to Cleveland Dec. 15. "I can understand how Jim O'Brien felt. It felt like there were two coaches out there. I knew who my coach was. The guys that Jim O'Brien had [been with the longest] were isolated. The guys that Danny brought in, he talked basketball a lot with those guys.It seemed like there were two different teams I feel sorry about the whole situation. Everything we built and everything we were striving for is coming down. It's like they were taking bricks out of the foundation one by one. Then, the whole house collapsed."

Veterans like Paul Pierce and Mark Blount ... are frustrated by the rapid succession of changes brought on by Ainge.

"The East is down this year and we're trying to develop as a young team, which is fine with me," said Pierce

BUT IS IT FINE WITH AINGE?

DONT THINK SO...PIERCE ON THE WAY OUT!

FOR THE FUTURE!
HA HA HA HA HA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,107 Posts
Re: O'Brien says....

Originally posted by <b>w-h-i-t-e-b-o-y</b>!
"I think they have the right guy to lead them."

refering to Ainge. Even the coach who left the team sees good things in the future so why is our Forum so negative again?


Its called rebuilding get used to it!!
What do you want him to say?

"Danny Ainge is an idiot, and shouldn't be let near basketball."?

OB is building his reputation...and on WEEI they said the Nets have contacted Jimmy O. (IMO its a bad fit for both of them..nets and OB)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LUMPI-44</b>!
In the Boston Globe today on 30/1/2004:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2004/01/30/unstable_or_right_on_track/

"I saw [the resignation] coming a long time ago when they started breaking up the team," said Eric Williams, who was traded to Cleveland Dec. 15. "I can understand how Jim O'Brien felt. It felt like there were two coaches out there. I knew who my coach was. The guys that Jim O'Brien had [been with the longest] were isolated. The guys that Danny brought in, he talked basketball a lot with those guys.It seemed like there were two different teams I feel sorry about the whole situation. Everything we built and everything we were striving for is coming down. It's like they were taking bricks out of the foundation one by one. Then, the whole house collapsed."

Veterans like Paul Pierce and Mark Blount ... are frustrated by the rapid succession of changes brought on by Ainge.

"The East is down this year and we're trying to develop as a young team, which is fine with me," said Pierce

BUT IS IT FINE WITH AINGE?

DONT THINK SO...PIERCE ON THE WAY OUT!

FOR THE FUTURE!





[strike]Or judging by ure sig u r a Pierce hater and are reading into those comments way too much. Pierce won't be going anywhere anytime soon, prolly never, get over it, your one of few that hates our main guy, and it's pathetic.[/strike]

Stop crap like this. ---agoo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,817 Posts
Ainge wouldn't trade him..

If Pierce returns to his 02-03 form, I would love to keep him. He needs to stop thinking he's a PG. He can't handle the ball up court especially in a fast break offense. He can't dribble through double teams and he shouldn't shoot threes every possesion.

Pierce needs to RUN if we are going to rebuild successfully.

What he did the best was drive through a defense, but to do that we need an effective low post player that can draw an extra defender towards him..

Pierce isn't going anywhere UNLESS he learns..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,992 Posts
he had some injuries and the Celtics have 0 offense. blame ainge not Pierce...GEEZ...lets just stop the nonsense. Pierce is the best thing to happen to BOSTON in a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
he had some injuries and the Celtics have 0 offense. blame ainge not Pierce...GEEZ...lets just stop the nonsense. Pierce is the best thing to happen to BOSTON in a long time.






This is true. Saying that here will get alot of [strike]agreeance[/strike], opposition. :dead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
he had some injuries and the Celtics have 0 offense. blame ainge not Pierce...GEEZ...lets just stop the nonsense. Pierce is the best thing to happen to BOSTON in a long time.
The only bad thing Ainge has done is the Walker trade..

Everything else is fine.

We have offense..just at the same position.

We need a low post player to draw defenders like Walker did. You don't realize some ones true value until their gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You just dont get it!!!

It is not about hating paul Pierce, his skills,his basketbal knowledge itd...

It is simply a look to the future...the word REBUILDING state for really starting over, makes huge moves, some sacrifices in order to achive highest goal.

Problem:

Boston with Pierce is just so good that the team is mediocre...meaning :
- just 1 rounds of playoff
- no high draft picks
- not a lot salary cap to work with

There are a lot good prospects in Boston:
- Welsch,Banks,Hunter,Mihm,Davis,Perkins...Blount is superb C backup, James also good PG backup

But adding LaFrents and Pierce...ok they look ok, look good but dont look like a championship team.

Botom line...with Pierce around there will be no championship!

So it is not about Pierce&La Frentz personally...it is a about true rebuilding!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
602 Posts
You say LaFrentz and Pierce won't help the Celtics win a championship? Well I hate to break it to you, but the lineup of Welsch, Banks, Hunter, Mihm, Davis, and Perkins isn't gonna bring a title to Beantown anytime soon either. None of those guys is a franchise player nor do they have the capacity to lead a team to the title. The best bet for Boston would be to get a coach to convince PP he's not a PG, and build around him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,992 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!


The only bad thing Ainge has done is the Walker trade..

Everything else is fine.

We have offense..just at the same position.

We need a low post player to draw defenders like Walker did. You don't realize some ones true value until their gone.
is he the only one with value enough to make the team better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
Danny Ainge is the worst GM in the history of the game.
He is the GM of the Boston Celtics. He is not just the GM of the guys he wanted on this team for the future.


Danny Ainge treated players differently based on if he wanted him here next year treating the guys he didn't like, like crap and ignoring them and you still want to insist he is a good GM?

How can that be okay with fans of this team?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
Ainge is building the team around Pierce. I feel it's better to stick with a great player like Pierce instead of trading him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!


is he the only one with value enough to make the team better?
No, but..Pierce and Antoine worked well together and Antoine understood the system of the team.

Now, he doesn't need to be the PG, he could be the rebounder like he is in Dallas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ZWW</b>!
Ainge is building the team around Pierce. I feel it's better to stick with a great player like Pierce instead of trading him.






Nice post. Exactly,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
yeah

Originally posted by <b>Richie Rich</b>!








Nice post. Exactly,
YES YES!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top