Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Re: Pike and Deng out with injuries for tonight

Well, Pike contributes to yet another loss. When do we finally lose his sorry butt?

He's brought nothing but bench warming skills to the team.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts

well pike feels bad.

Piatkowski described the morning workout on Saturday as typical. The squad was split to practice an inbounds play when, from opposite sides of the court, he and Deng ran toward halfcourt and collided.

Piatkowski had the wind knocked out of him and suffered a gash on his forehead that required 18 stitches. Deng suffered a blow to his head just behind an ear.

Tedeschi was encouraged by Piatkowski's progress because the veteran did some conditioning work. Piatkowski was not diagnosed with a concussion but had the symptoms of one.

"I just don't feel right," Piatkowski said. "My stomach doesn't feel right. Every time I change positions or tilt my head back, I still get dizzy, which makes me nauseous. Having said that, I still feel much better.

"Obviously, Lu's not doing as well. That just makes me feel horrible because he's such an important piece of us being successful right now."

it's not often i want to throttle someone (and i know i have remarked my disapproval when others have desired to do so) but i really want to throttle pike right now. pike punch upside the head.

ugh. idiot.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts

more on deng:

Unless Deng shows considerable improvement Tuesday morning, Malik Allen will start in his place for the second straight game. This means the team's most successful starting lineup of Chris Duhon, Hinrich, Deng, Andres Nocioni and Michael Sweetney again will be disrupted.

Deng is the team's third-leading scorer at 13.9 points per game and the second-best rebounder at 6.5 per game.

The Bulls, who trail Philadelphia by a half-game for the final playoff spot in the East, are likely to err on the side of caution with Deng.

"It does predispose you to another concussion if you come back too soon," Bulls trainer Fred Tedeschi said.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...0bulls,1,6707955.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

mizenkay said:
more on deng:

Unless Deng shows considerable improvement Tuesday morning, Malik Allen will start in his place for the second straight game. This means the team's most successful starting lineup of Chris Duhon, Hinrich, Deng, Andres Nocioni and Michael Sweetney again will be disrupted.

Deng is the team's third-leading scorer at 13.9 points per game and the second-best rebounder at 6.5 per game.

The Bulls, who trail Philadelphia by a half-game for the final playoff spot in the East, are likely to err on the side of caution with Deng.

"It does predispose you to another concussion if you come back too soon," Bulls trainer Fred Tedeschi said.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...0bulls,1,6707955.story?coll=cs-home-headlines
Guh, this bites.

I think Luol could've done well against the NJ front line, and probably would've been important defensively to throw at Jefferson and Carter. (Hah, do we want Ben Gordon guarding Richard Jefferson?) And with Philly's win tonight, falling back a game could be a pretty big deficit at this point. I'm not arguing with the decision, but it just sucks to see something so.........unlucky..............happen like this right now.

Boooooo, Pike!!!!!!!!! :curse:

·
The Snake
6,519 Posts

rosenthall said:
Guh, this bites.

I think Luol could've done well against the NJ front line, and probably would've been important defensively to throw at Jefferson and Carter. (Hah, do we want Ben Gordon guarding Richard Jefferson?) And with Philly's win tonight, falling back a game could be a pretty big deficit at this point. I'm not arguing with the decision, but it just sucks to see something so.........unlucky..............happen like this right now.

Boooooo, Pike!!!!!!!!! :curse:
This is purely bad luck and nothing else. If it costs the Bulls a playoff berth (which it could) Pike won't be hanged in effigy like Bartman but at the least Piatkowski voodoo dolls should sell like hotcakes in late April.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.