Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Pippen feels a blink away

353 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Benny the Bull 
#1 ·
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...bulls,1,4610800.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

"I'm a blink away," Pippen said.

Pressed further on the subject, Pippen said his chances of playing Tuesday were "50-50." Both comments came after Bulls coach Scott Skiles addressed the media and made no mention of Pippen returning.

That management would allow Pippen, 38, to return 10 days before the initial target date seems odd given his age, injury history and the Bulls' 12-25 record.

"I feel pretty good," Pippen said. "Hopefully, [Tuesday] I can feel just as good as I did [Monday]. We'll see what goes from there. You can't stay away from [contact.] I'm all right, though."

Chandler is scheduled to visit a team doctor on Tuesday and may receive clearance to return to practice this week. He has been sidelined with a back injury since Nov. 25, and conceded he is expecting pain all season.

"It's something I'm going to have to play through," he said. "I'm anxious, but I'm still not ready. I don't have any lift. Until I get that back, I can't get back on the court."

Pippen's positive outlook and Chandler's progress are good signs for a team that, miraculously, isn't out of the playoff picture in the docile Eastern Conference.

The Bulls began Monday five games behind Philadelphia for the eighth and final playoff spot, a fact that Skiles recently detailed emphatically in a meeting with players.

"Obviously, the clock ticks," Skiles said. "And at some point, somebody is going to have to rattle off eight out of 10.

"It'd be very easy to say, 'We've lost to the crummy teams. Therefore, we can't make it.' But if you're always thinking about failure, it's self-fulfilling. You're going to fail. We have to get everybody back. Then, let's see."

I do find it odd that pippen might come back and he is not 100%. This could back fire. If he does play, it will be very limited. Similar to what Brunson does now. 10 minutes or so. I don't want to risk an injury that would put him out all year. According to article, he is at least 10 days away from being ready!

See less See more
#2 ·
more on pipp and some on Tyson.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull132.html

Pippen, 38, hasn't even taken part in a full practice since undergoing surgery on his left knee Dec. 12. It was shortly before that operation when Pippen hinted at retirement, then accused the media of jumping to conclusions.

But after showering, Pippen was pulled back on the court by Tyson Chandler for some one-on-one, which Pippen won. Chandler, who hasn't played since Nov. 25 because of chronic lower back pain, will make his weekly visit to a doctor today to get an update, but it's unlikely he'll be practicing in the next couple of days.

"I guess Scottie won the bet we made about who would come back first,'' Chandler said. "He was looking good.

"I'm anxious, but I'm still not ready. My timing is bad, and I don't have any lift or acceleration. Until I get that, I can't get back on the court. My body feels good, but I haven't played in a long time, and my back is a little weak and my legs are kind of out of shape.''

Pippen joked that he'll stay away from contact tonight if he plays, a comment that probably will draw smiles from the Pistons. Pippen has played in only 12 games this season, averaging 7.1 points and 3.4 rebounds.

....., Skiles stubbornly is holding on to postseason hope.

"We talked about it the other day as a team, and I don't think anybody's out of it yet,'' Skiles said. "Obviously, the clock ticks, and to put yourself in position, somebody's going to have to rattle off eight wins in 10 games. All I can say is we're feeling good about ourselves, and even in losses we work hard. And that will pay off.''

#4 ·
I hope Pip and TC are back before the 25th when I go to the game

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.