• Pippen - real defense, 6 rings, top 3 defender in the history

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • KG - If Wolves have Jordan, KG would had 6 rings

Votes: 50 50.5%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· We Warriors
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew it is different position, but KG played SF before.

· Registered
1,255 Posts
KG easily. He obviously doesn't get any recognition because he's on a mediocre team. Put KG with MJ and Kev would have several rings.

· Registered
4,987 Posts
You can't simply say put KG on the Bulls and he would have 6 rings. That isn't a logical statement because Pippen's role on the Bulls is something KG could never dream of becoming due to his physical limitations.

Now independent of the foolish argument, I would take KG 7/10 times depending on who my go-to-guy already is because both are nothing more than good complimentry type players.

· We Warriors
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ralaw said:
You can't simply say put KG on the Bulls and he would have 6 rings. That isn't a logical statement because Pippen's role on the Bulls is something KG could never dream of becoming due to his physical limitations.
I like Pippen's defense. Pippen = 5 Artests + 2 Bowens

I don't like KG defense. Like big Ben, he always let Shaq and Yao knock down the ball easily.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
ralaw said:
Agree its way beyond than statistics, Pippen brought a lot of intangibles in the Bulls team that KG does not have.

· Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
Garnett. I think he's an arguable top-15 player of all-time. Pippen is an arguable top-25, in my opinion.

In fact, I think they're pretty similar players (though Garnett is a better scorer while Pippen was a better defender), but Garnett has significantly more impact being bigger.

· Registered
5,781 Posts
Minstrel said:
Garnett. I think he's an arguable top-15 player of all-time. Pippen is an arguable top-25, in my opinion.

In fact, I think they're pretty similar players (though Garnett is a better scorer while Pippen was a better defender), but Garnett has significantly more impact being bigger.
Pretty much. I'd take KG both for starting a franchise and to play alongside MJ.

· Registered
12,466 Posts
Hakeem said:
Pretty much. I'd take KG both for starting a franchise and to play alongside MJ.
Completely agree, KG is the better all around player quite easily IMO.
the bulls would have been even better if pip was replaced with KG.

· Premium Member
21,860 Posts
LBJthefuturegoat said:
oh the comedy BS is always good for a coulple of laughs. repped
Don't encourage him.

· NY NY big city of dreams
2,489 Posts
lol at some of you.......

some of you said you'd rather take KG to start/build a team............WTF you think the timberwolves been doing the past decade LOLLLLL......

and where has it gotten them lol.......

obviously building around KG hasnt worked out......i mean come on you have the results right in front of you every season..........

· Premium Member
21,860 Posts
ChosenFEW said:

some of you said you'd rather take KG to start/build a team............WTF you think the timberwolves been doing the past decade LOLLLLL......

obviously building around KG hasnt worked out......i mean come on you have the results right in front of you every season..........
Just because you fail at building around them doesn't mean the players bad. It means you have something wrong with your front office if you can't build a team around one of the best players (at that time at least) in the league.

· Registered
12,466 Posts
ChosenFEW said:

if your going to 'build' a team, then they have to get some decent pieces to 'build' one... he's an mvp, theres no denying hes a great player who you should be able to put a championship contending team around, and hence they ended up in the WCF a couple of years ago.
if kg gets a run on another team, or the wolves pick their game up he will be competing for a ring.
put pippen on this wolves squad and they wouldnt be winning ****!

· NY NY big city of dreams
2,489 Posts
Jameh said:
Just because you fail at building around them doesn't mean the players bad. It means you have something wrong with your front office if you can't build a team around one of the best players (at that time at least) in the league.

i never said the players were bad

i said building around KG has shown to be unsuccessful yet some of you still say you'd build around him.

when your not good enough to make it past the first round and not bad enough to get high in the lottery its not a good sign

· Premium Member
21,860 Posts
ChosenFEW said:
i never said the players were bad

i said building around KG has shown to be unsuccessful yet some of you still say you'd build around him.

when your not good enough to make it past the first round and not bad enough to get high in the lottery its not a good sign
That was a typo, I mean to say 'player'. Referring to KG. I'm trying to say, that I doubt it's his fault that the front office can't build around him. It's not like he hand pickst he players, all he does is play to the top of his abilites and try to win. His team makes bad decisions, and that's not really his fault. Like getting rid of Cassel. I would have kept him because if you notice they made the playoffs with him and I think lost because (maybe not directly, but he was a big part in the O) because Cassel went down (if I remember correctly).

That's just one example of a bad move by his front office. Not to mention KG dislikes Wally, which is the teams second best player. And all I have to say, is if Wally is your second best player...you're team is no good.

· Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
ChosenFEW said:
It's been shown that building around Garnett with bad management is unsuccessful. Building around Pippen with bad management would also be unsuccessful. Building around any player with bad management would be unsuccessful.

Now, with a franchise that has good management, capable of smart team building, I think building around Garnett would be highly successful.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.