Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
22,910 Posts
That'll be rough. Going to detroit, flying home that night, and then taking on phoenix the next night.

If the Nets can pull of back to back wins against one of the top teams in the east and one of the top teams in the west, they'll have to get a lot more props from around the league.

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
We need to control the tempo for the Suns. No team can run with the Suns. Our first game with the Suns litteraly made me want to throw up. Also, show Tim Thomas what he passed up on

·
Registered
903 Posts
Man, I don't know if anyone noticed but you could see it J-Kidd's eyes that he wanted to win this afternoon's game against Dallas. I will not be suprised to see the Nets coming back strong for the next couple games. I wouldn't be suprised if we sweep this week by beating Washington,Memphis,Detriot,and Phoenix. Then these accomplishments would truly prove that we are a championship contender.

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
13-4 to win 50 games this year. Detroit, Phoenix, Miami and Memphis look to be the toughest games left. Washington, Minnesota and Atl makes up the rest of March along with the Detroit-PHX back to back and Memphis. April, we get Philly and Boston twice, at Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Atlanta, Charlotte and close with NYK. Minny's really down, Atl is up, so that'll be games if the Nets allow the to be close late. April is easy, if Boston falls out of the race and Philly sews up a spot. We were 14-4 to close the season a year ago, we're looking at 18-4 to close out with 50 wins. A win over Cleveland helps playoff positioning.

·
Banned
10,661 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
yea... i bet the media won't regonize our great play, but they will say Pistons and Suns both had horrable games!!! They didn't try atall and the nets got lucky!
Who cares, let them say that during the playoffs. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
especially if you ask tim legler. Nets could be 82-0 and it'll be because every other team messed up and the Nets got lucky every game.
Lol, Legler. ESPN has the most scrubby and unintelligent players as announcers, Legler, BJ Armstrong, Greg Anthony, and Tom Tolbert. Their basketball analysts can hardly be taken seriously, they are mostly guys that have road the coattails of superstars that have made them look far better than they really were. Most of those guys state the obvious, for example, they did a feature on NBA fastbreak where they showed how all the great players of today and yesterday had sweetspots. All those "sweetspots" were in the paint and near the foul line, is that really any surprise? obviously shots in the paint and foul line area are the easiest shots to make, they are closer to the hoop and are a straight line from the hoop, anyone that has spent 10 minutes on a basketball court can tell you that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Air Fly said:
Who cares, let them say that during the playoffs. :biggrin:

They can't really get that much respect though. Not until they prove themselves in the playoffs anyways. Yes, they are winning their division, but this is the Atlantic division we are talking about. This is not an impressive division at all. And secondly the NETS got swept last year in the first round. After they can win a round in the playoffs I think they will start to get more respect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.