Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something just doesn't add up. Last year Detroit got Rasheed Wallace in the infamous trade which Boston waived Lindsey Hunter and the Pistons got him back, making way for the Pistons to go on a tear and eventually win the championship. This year, the Hawks and Celtics orchestrated a deal that brought Antoine Walker back to Boston, Payton gets waived and returns to Boston. Things just don't add up. Atlanta keeps getting creamed in these deals but do them anyways. I smell conspiracy.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
haha, I was thinking the same thing... imagine if the celtics manage to win the championship this year (not very probable but...)?

billy knight with another championship clinching trade...

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
The Hawks weren't going to retain Antoine Walker anyways so they atleast get a first round pick out of it. Plus, they don't have to pay Gary Payton's salary. I'm not sure why the Celtics waived Lindsey Hunter last year in the Rasheed Wallace deal, but only the Hawks lost out as Boston got Chucky Atkins, a key part in the Gary Payton deal with the Lakers.

Now let's discuss more serious topics instead of these silly conspiracy theories. How about the possibility that the United States will try to defend Taiwan and go to war with China? Would Yao stay here? Would there still be NBA games? :clown:

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The Hawks are infatuated with the idea of having cap space to sign some great free agent in the offseason, a strategy which almost never works. Now, they have a rep as a losing organization with no fans, and no one wants to play there. It will stay that way until they do something about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts