Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really worried about this upcoming game with the Pistons. Billups might injure Jefferson again, or the two Wallace might dislocate Kristic's shoulder, or something worse might happen like losing VC for the regular season and playoffs because of a hard foul drive to the basket. A freak accident is waiting to happen.

I hope it doesn't happen. I wish Frank would just start his bench, and rest his starters. It's really meaningless. We should focus more on the SUNS game since it is a back to back. I just don't want to risk an injury.

Ever since Mourning and Frye got injured, it made me think, why should we risk our Big Three getting injured? The Pistons defense is too physical. Ohh well, I just hope nothing happens to the Big Three.

I rather have a healthy Big Three when the playoffs begin than a healthy Big One or a Big two.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NoWright4U said:
I'm really worried about this upcoming game with the Pistons. Billups might injure Jefferson again, or the two Wallace might dislocate Kristic's shoulder, or something worse might happen like losing VC for the regular season and playoffs because of a hard foul drive to the basket. A freak accident is waiting to happen.

I hope it doesn't happen. I wish Frank would just start his bench, and rest his starters. It's really meaningless. We should focus more on the SUNS game since it is a back to back. I just don't want to risk an injury.

Ever since Mourning and Frye got injured, it made me think, why should we risk our Big Three getting injured? The Pistons defense is too physical. Ohh well, I just hope nothing happens to the Big Three.

I rather have a healthy Big Three when the playoffs begin than a healthy Big One or a Big two.
If Nets were to allow Pistons to injure another Net player and not retaliate, Nets don't deserve to win anything.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
The way you're sounding, the Black Muslim Brotherhood, the Klan and the Serbo-Croatian army'll show up in the front row seats.

Chill out! You sound like the nelly in the fable worried about the axe falling on the kid when it grows to be 20.

Just pull the axe out of the ceiling and all will be fine!

The Society for The Prevention of Cruelty to Ballplayers will be in attendance.

Violence watch will be monitoring and taking blood & saliva samples, too!

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
The way you're sounding, the Black Muslim Brotherhood, the Klan and the Serbo-Croatian army'll show up in the front row seats.

Chill out! You sound like the nelly in the fable worried about the axe falling on the kid when it grows to be 20.

bada-bum

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:

Black Muslim Brotherhood? I take offense to that as a Muslim. Get it right, I think you meant the Black Panthers. Real Muslims don't advocate violence.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:

WOW

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
NoWright4U said:

no!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
NoWright4U said:

this game is on national tv so the nets wont rest their starters. also, if they injured mouring so they might just injure one of the nets also. the pistons play dirty.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
farouq710 said:
Black Muslim Brotherhood? I take offense to that as a Muslim. Get it right, I think you meant the Black Panthers. Real Muslims don't advocate violence.
Forget it bro. Some people will never understand...

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
farouq710 said:
farouq710, It seems that you're taking something from my thread reply out of context. Any thread entitled Pistons might injure our Big Three in such graphic terms should have concerned you if you are opposed to violence. Instead of attacking the topic of the thread, you try to cast some small element of my reply as a slur trying to make a religious issue out of two words that you may be mis-informed about. Not fair!

This is a sports forum - not an intrafaith dialogue. If you want to debate religion, other forums exist to do so. More blood has been spilled by competition between organized religious enterprises than any other single reason in the history of mankind. It won't happen in this sports forum!

Rookie contributor, NoWright4U, spun a far-fetched, exreme scenario of possible violence at the upcoming NJN-DET game that he claimed to be nervous about. He merited a comparable scenario to dispel his nervousness . Hence a far-fetched and exreme analogy in reply to describe how the rookie sounded in his opening thread. You'll note that my reply to his thread opened with "The way you're sounding ... army'll show up in the front row seats." That's why it looks like you've taken it out of context.

For what it's worth, I was referring to the Nation of Islam Black Muslim organization that is headed by Mr. Farakhan - as Krstic All Star was so apt to point out. As far as I understand, they don't exactly eschew violence. In any event, I've read that they've attended MIA and CHI games sitting in the front rows serving as some form of bodyguard protection for some NBA athletes.

Salaam!

P.S., Incidentally, Farouq710, are you Sunni, Shia, Alawi, Wahabi or some other sect? Thanks for the lesson in Islam, but I am aware of what Islam preaches in terms of non-violence.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
farouq710, It seems that you're taking something from my thread reply out of context. Any thread entitled Pistons might injure our Big Three in such graphic terms should have concerned you if you are opposed to violence. Instead of attacking the topic of the thread, you try to cast some small element of my reply as a slur trying to make a religious issue out of two words that you may be mis-informed about. Not fair!

This is a sports forum - not an intrafaith dialogue. If you want to debate religion, other forums exist to do so. More blood has been spilled by competition between organized religious enterprises than any other single reason in the history of mankind. It won't happen in this sports forum!

Rookie contributor, NoWright4U, spun a far-fetched, exreme scenario of possible violence at the upcoming NJN-DET game that he claimed to be nervous about. He merited a comparable scenario to dispel his nervousness . Hence a far-fetched and exreme analogy in reply to describe how the rookie sounded in his opening thread. You'll note that my reply to his thread opened with "The way you're sounding ... army'll show up in the front row seats." That's why it looks like you've taken it out of context.

For what it's worth, I was referring to the Nation of Islam Black Muslim organization that is headed by Mr. Farakhan - as Krstic All Star was so apt to point out. As far as I understand, they don't exactly eschew violence. In any event, I've read that they've attended MIA and CHI games sitting in the front rows serving as some form of bodyguard protection for some NBA athletes.

Salaam!

P.S., Incidentally, Farouq710, are you Sunni, Shia, Alawi, Wahabi or some other sect? Thanks for the lesson in Islam, but I am aware of what Islam preaches in terms of non-violence.
At least its cleared up, I wasn't the only person that took it out of context either. I wasn't attempting to take the topic off base. also visiting a religious forum is simply useless because healthy dialogues don't exist there, in sports forums people are at least civil. In these times there is a lot of negativity directed towards Muslims for the actions of a few stupid individuals and it just felt like it was another such scenario. Also Farrakhan's group is known as the Nation of Islam, you stated it as the Black Nation of Islam, which is a mixture of the Black Panthers (a separate group that doesn't exactly denounce violence) and Nation of Islam. You can't really blame me for misunderstanding that since it wasn't correctly stated by you. By the way glad to know your that knowledgeable about the faith, most people simply aren't. I just didn't know what you meant by your comment, hence the misunderstanding, there was nevre any bad blood here, I was just annoyed, as you would be if you were in my position.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
farouq710 said:
At least its cleared up, I wasn't the only person that took it out of context either. I wasn't attempting to take the topic off base. also visiting a religious forum is simply useless because healthy dialogues don't exist there, in sports forums people are at least civil. In these times there is a lot of negativity directed towards Muslims for the actions of a few stupid individuals and it just felt like it was another such scenario. Also Farrakhan's group is known as the Nation of Islam, you stated it as the Black Nation of Islam [I DID NOT!], which is a mixture of the Black Panthers (a separate group that doesn't exactly denounce violence) and Nation of Islam. You can't really blame me for misunderstanding that since it wasn't correctly stated by you. By the way glad to know your that knowledgeable about the faith, most people simply aren't. I just didn't know what you meant by your comment, hence the misunderstanding, there was nevre any bad blood here, I was just annoyed, as you would be if you were in my position.
Regarding the bolded portion of your reply above purporting to quote me, once again you are taking words out of context, adding something and twisting the phrase trying to 'put words in my mouth' that I never used. That is annoying. I'm not sure why you go on about it, but I'm not willing to entertain any further discussion on your issue. I suggest you find an interfaith dialogue forum.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Regarding the bolded portion of your reply above purporting to quote me, once again you are taking words out of context, adding something and twisting the phrase trying to 'put words in my mouth' that I never used. That is annoying. I'm not sure why you go on about it, but I'm not willing to entertain any further discussion on your issue. I suggest you find an interfaith dialogue forum.

Ok, it was MY MISTAKE but this is what you wrote: Black Muslim Brotherhood. it could easily be mistaken for some other group. I'm not trying to put words into your mouth either, and stop harking about the whole religious forum issue. You said something, I took it the wrong way, I admitted it even though your original comment was a bit vague IMO. So lets drop it, and chill out about it, and please stop acting like i'm being malicious towards you, I clearly was never trying to be.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
To all contributors to this forum:

When somone correctly states something and another party incorrectly takes their words out of context, twists them and misquotes that person insisting they said something they didn't, that can be construed as 'baiting' to annoy another participant in these forums . It is not permitted within the rules of this forum.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
So anyway, does anyone think that there's a danger against the Pistons? The one incident aside, which wasn't clean by any standard, there's no instance of these Pistons actually going after people a la the old Bad Boys. Still, I admit that I'll be holding my breath every time VC or RJ leaves the ground on a break.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.